would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youview HDD showing age?

6 REPLIES
JCrack
Participant

Hi all,

I've got a 1st gen TT Youview box (model: DM370T.02.03.P) and the HDD is starting to show it's age. Basically, I can watch / record the program (same channel, via aerial not internet) for which the signal strength is good with no pixilation. Re-watching the recorded program has moments where the program stutters and or pixilates. I'm guessing the HDD has a few back sectors.    This only happens with the play back of recordings over the last month or so, Broardcast TV and internet TV functions are all good.

Is there a way or scanning for bad sectors / file system errors and repairing them or is this beyond the Youview software?  What about replacing the internal HDD or is it new box time?

Your thoughts are welcome.

Signed!
Community Team

Hi

You can try a full factory reset from the youview settings menu.  This will however format the drive and remove any recorded content.  This can often clear the drive of any corrupt files and set this back up.  Give this a try and let me know if the issue persists.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

JCrack
Participant
Hi
Thanks for the suggestion - that's not going to make me popular as 75% of the disk is full with people's favourite recordings!
I'll try and sell it to the family as "gaining more free space". Just out of interest, do the newer TT Tv boxes come with a bigger HDD? Might be the easier option .
Signed!
Community Team

Hi

All the currently supplied TV boxes have the same size Hard drives.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @JCrack

If you want a larger hard drive you would have to BUY your own HUMAX YOUVIEW box which gives the option of larger hard drives however all maintenance and repairs would be down to you.

https://uk.humaxdigital.com/product-category/youview/

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
JCrack
Participant
Anyone ever tried swapping the HDD ?
Signed!
Community Team

Hi

We do not actively encourage customers to try opening their boxes as it invalidates any warranty for the box.

Thanks

Karl.