Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youview Huawei DN372T Box

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi

This box has worked fine until recently when the recordings have either failed to record or are pixelated and freeze on different channels. This does no occur when watching any programmes live and I have re-tuned and checked all connections so I am confident that it is not an aerial problem.

Using the remote to pause, fast forward and rewind has also developed a problem with either it not working or delaying for upto 5 seconds. Again I have reconfigured the remote to work with our Panasonic TV but are still experiencing problems.

Hopefully someone could help me with the above

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Star

@Ken60 

I should try a maintenance reset as follows :

Turn the box off, then unplug the power lead for about 10 minutes.

Re-plug in power  lead.

1. Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).
  2. Power on YouView using button at the back of the YouView Box.
  3. Start YouView using the power button on the YouView Box front panel and then quickly press and hold both the + and – buttons on the front panel. If you haven’t pressed the buttons together by the time 'YouView Waking Up' is displayed, or you see the 'YouView please wait...' message then try again.
  4. Let go of the + and – buttons once the 'Huawei – Maintenance Mode menu' is displayed.
  5. The + and – buttons on the front panel will navigate the menu. Keep pressing the – button until 2  “factory reset keep recordings” option is highlighted.  If you go past the option, simply press the + button to navigate back to the option.
  6. Press the power button on the YouView Box front panel to select the option. This will bring up some information and ask 'Do you want to proceed?'. Press the power button again to confirm.
  7. The YouView Box will now show a progress bar as it downloads software from the internet and installs on the YouView Box. This may take several minutes. Once complete, the YouView Box will restart.
  8. Once the YouView Box restarts, the YouView Box will show the initial setup wizard. You will need to run through the setup wizard including tuning the channels.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / ANTENNA OUT / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

It is also a good idea to restart your router once you have done this.

If you do NOT have any recordings that you want to keep :

Blue YV /Menu button on remote > Settings > Factory reset. This option will re-format the hard drive and reinstall the system on your box and you will lose all recordings.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ken60

Did you try the reset as advised ?  Did this help ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Karl

Sorry for the delay in replying to your first message as I have only just been able to check the box out today.

I have reset it using your instructions for a "maintenance reset" to try and keep current recordings and will monitor the progress over the next few days and report back.

Thank you very much for your help

Regards

Ken

Highlighted
First Timer
Solution

Hi Karl and fre55die

Further to my post yesterday I carried out a " maintenance reset " and tested and set 4 programmes to record at different times last night.

Unfortunately all of them stuttered and stalled and were pixilated at times throughout each recording.

The reaction time on the handset was also delayed when I tried to fast forward, rewined and access menus.

I believe the problem is with the recording equipment in the box as the picture quality is good when watching live or streaming.

Can you please advise my next steps

Regards

Ken

Highlighted
First Timer
Re: Youview Huawei DN372T Box

Hi Karl & fre55die
Have you been able to look at my response below sent on Sunday
Cheers
Ken

Hi Karl and fre55die

Further to my post yesterday I carried out a " maintenance reset " and tested and set 4 programmes to record at different times last night.
Unfortunately all of them stuttered and stalled and were pixilated at times throughout each recording.
The reaction time on the handset was also delayed when I tried to fast forward, rewined and access menus.
I believe the problem is with the recording equipment in the box as the picture quality is good when watching live or streaming.

Can you please advise my next steps

Regards

Ken
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ken

Next option is to replace the box.  A new one is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer

My TalkTalk Youview DN372T is completely dead. When plugged in not receiving power from mains socket. Cannot be switched on.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Jeanhsd 

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

VERY IMPORTANT FOR SUPPORT

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save) Only you and the OCE's can view this information.

Thanks

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.