Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youview Huawei box unresponsive

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Just came back from holiday to find that my tv box is still on its.

Recordings from the last couple of days we where away have failed plus we tried to watch something recorded yesterday where the picture froze for about 3 mins, then it jumped, froze for a few minutes/ jumped again whilst the audio played along as normal. Then the box just froze on the guide screen.

Switched it off for 10-15 minutes and it was OK aslong as you didnt try to put it on a channel we had preset recording on, or the +1 channel, whereby it would just stick on that channel regardless of what buttons you pressed.

Tonight we had the same again of sticking on channels and half recorded programs, even with switching the box off for 10-15 minutes.

Please help.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

set the box back up and retest and see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks, all sorted out now 🙂

Highlighted

Hi

Glad to hear it.

Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

And now the box has started to become un-responsive again 😞

It seems to lock out the remote control, regardless of what buttons you press, it stays on whatever screen it happens to be on.

Switch the box off for 30 seconds to a minute and its fine for an undefined time, then eventualy it locks again

Highlighted
Community Star

@steve034 

Have you tried the Maintenance reset option 2 ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Philosopher

@fre55die yes they have am look like some others are reporting the same we have had this same issue once or twice but am not bothered as does not happen that often to cause a big issue but am keeping a eye on it 

Hope that help Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted

Hi @steve034

Is the box ok or still unresponsive ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi, the box was ok for a few weeks, but then I had a black screen, but with a fully functioning tv guide, though selecting any channel just left me with a blank screen again. Spoke with a virtual chat assistant who instructed ne to switch the box off and on again, bringing it back to life, but then after a few minutes it froze again.

I have now carried out another factory reset and, suprise  its frozen up again.