cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youview STB is stuck "Loading" and won't start.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, my TalkTalk Youview STB won’t wake up. Have tried several resets, but to no avail. Can I get a replacement STB?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Talkback1 

I have escalated this to OCE support and they will respond on here A.S.A.P.

Please do not add anything on here OR start a new thread until an OCE responds as the system will see this as a new post and move you to the back of the queue.

Unfortunately the response times can be delayed and currently can take a couple of days instead of the usual matter of hours. Please bear with us as an OCE will get back to you as quickly as possible.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Talkback1

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your phone number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done..

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Karl, Thanks for picking this up. I have now added my land-line telephone number to my profile.

Regards,

a.

Highlighted

Hi

Your not actually on a package that includes TV, so no equipment can be replaced.

If you want to upgrade your package to include TV, you can call out Loyalty teams directly.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks once again Karl. This is what I'd assumed, but thought to ask in any event. Can you tell me if this is a familiar error and if there are any fixed that you could suggest? I have tried both a factory reset (keeping the recordings) and a full internet reinstall (again keeping the recordings), but to no avail.

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank for your time everybody. I was able to fix this STB by following the instructions kindly provided by "Wayne Steele2" in post #3 of this thread: https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/5071093/huawei-hard-drive-upgrade

I plugged the drive into an old laptop and booted off a Linux USB stick in order to run the necessary tools to reformat/partition the drive, but others may have a spare drive bay or an external drive caddy available.

I lost all of my recordings, but sometimes a fresh start is just what one needs.

I hope that this helps someone in the future.

Good luck.

🙂

Highlighted

Hi

Glad its working now.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips