Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youview TV box stuck on waking up screen

5 REPLIES 5
Johnl1
Chatterbox

I'm having problems with the Youview box.  It fails to record.  Yesterday tried soft reset, unsuccessfully.  Then the maintenance mode - reset keeping recordings.  Seemed to solve the problem, but today it has not recorded and tells me there is an error in the start up and advises going into the maintenance mode.  I have repeated the reset process to no avail and am now stuck on the waking up screen.  So frustrating.  Help please.

ferguson
Community Star

Have you tried maintenance mode? You can find step by step instructions here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347

Johnl1
Chatterbox
Yes, I have tried ALL reset options. All end up in an error message - System Start Error 101. I'm going round in circles. Been having issues since Christmas, since when have been limping along, but this now seems 'terminal'.
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Johnl1

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have ordered you a replacement TV box for testing and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Johnl1
Chatterbox

Thank you Debbie.  New box received and problems all sorted.  Lost all saved recordings of course, but at least can start again.  However now the remote control does not operate the on/off and standby mode of the TV.  Do we need a new remote?  I noticed ours is quite different from the one shown in the 'how to get started' video.  Old box and leads are being returned in post today.

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Johnl1

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

The old remote should work ok with the replacement box. 

Have you had a look through this help page Problems with your remote control