Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youview box, blank screen

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Team Player

Yesterday the screen flickered then went blank. Everything else is working. I cannot get a menu screen, nothing. The plug shows orange on the last two lights.I am not technical. Do I need a new box ? 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Have you powered off the box from the button at the back for a few seconds ?

Also, check the bables at the back of the box are plugged in and have not worked loose, and check the HDMI cable at the TV end.

Can you also try changing the source on the TV remote and check the TV itself is ok ?

Karl.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl, I did all that. The tv is working fine. I disconnected the box and all working without it.Our hard drive recorder is recording and playing fine, our DVD player is fine. The ariel is fine. It must be the you view.

Highlighted
Team Player

I have just done it all again and it says no digital signal available. The house icon on the plug is orange although the cable icon now shows green

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

If you have the tv box connected via the powerline adapters and the middle light is orange/red on these, then that will usually indicate the communication speed between the adapters is low.  This however should not stop the actual TV box from showing something on screen, so it could be the box itself.  

First, make sure the plug adapters are direct into wall sockets where possible.  You can turn them both off for 10 seconds then turn them back on and see if the lights turn green.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Team Player

I disconnected it (sheer frustration) and had left it a few days.Just plugged it all in and so far so good. Thanks for your help.Thumbs_up

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear it's all working now.

Regards,

Karl.