Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youview box failing to start

8 REPLIES 8
AlanW65
First Timer

For the past few weeks my youview box has become more and more erratic to the point that if when I turn it off now with the remote control, the only way I can get it to come back on is to press the reboot button at the back of the box. I have tried the factory reset and this makes no difference. Sometimes on starting up it freezes on 'waking up' then we have to start all over again. If it does eventually start up it is very slow to bring up programme choices on guide. It has got to the stage here it's not really fit for purpose as you have to try turning it on a good 10 minutes before you want to watch anything.

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your phone number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done..

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

AlanW65
First Timer

Phone number added. Thanks.

OCE_Karl

Hi

A replacement TV Box is on the way to you.

This should arrive within the next 48hrs.

Regards,

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

AlanW65
First Timer

Thank you. Really appreciate your help.

OCE_Karl

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

RitaOwen
First Timer

The TV box will not start and the screen says System Start up Error - Your box failed to start properly. The box will now enter maintenance mode, where you can select a recovery operation. OK. I press Software Reset (Recommended). When I tell it to proceed I get the 'TalkTalkwaking up' screen, then YouView, then Huawei screen. The red and blue buttons flash on the box. Then it goes back to the beginning.

RitaOwen
First Timer
I've tried all the options listen (Factory Reset, Internet Recovery) and it still fails to load.
OCE_Karl

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Working From Home Tips