Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youview box locking up & freezing

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant

Can someone help on this issue please as the box is currently about unusable.

The box freezes & locks up regular and all I can do is power down via main power button at rear and restart.

The box also runs very slow, doesnt for the most part respond properly to the remote (new batteries installed) and I have also performed a complete factory reset of the box to no avail.

For reference also, the power supply does not run overly hot so I don't think the issue is power supply, but the box can get quite hot during the during daily use.

The box is a DN370T with all the lastest firmware loaded.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

How long have you had the box ?

Have you tried a full factory reset from the settings menu to see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Participant

Yes, I have factory reset many times and the box just becomes unresponsive or will lock up after just  few hours.

This has been an ongoing issue for the best part of this year, but I had previously bought just a standard freeview recorder to use instead, but I would like to get the Youview box up and running properly as it was supplied as part our package a few years back.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'll replace the box for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE