Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youview box tearing pictures and freezing recordings

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Team Player

Could someone please help.  Replacement box tears non HD channels, if viewed through TV ok.  On playing back recordings often freezes  for up to 3 minutes, .  Have already cancelled Sky sports due to picture breaking up. Have escalated this problem to Talktalk, but replied problem solved !! where they got that from?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Is it only subscription (internet) channels that are breaking up ?

Is the TV box direct to the router with a cable or do you use Powerline Adapters ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi I thought I had replied to you,  yes I am using Powerline adaptors.  The following problems still exist.

1. Recordings freeze on play back.

2. Non HD channels tear on Youview but not when viewed through through tv. 

3. Cannot record on non HD or plus 1 as they tear ..

I have tried factory settings, but no improvement. Problems only happened since box replaced.

Look forward to your reply.

Highlighted

Hi

When you mentioned sky sports, this may have confused me.  For clarity, can you confirm if the issue is only affecting freeiew channels or subscription channels.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Don,t see last 2 of my replies, have you seen them ? as problems still exist.
Highlighted

Hi

Not seeing any other replies.  Is it only the freeview channels that are affected ?

Is it possible to test the TV box direct to the router so powerline issues can be ruled out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl  Cannot understand you not receiving my replies.

Firstly, sorry, cannot do a direct connection to router.

It is only freeview plus 1 channels that are affected, as i cancelled Sky Sports, not paying £36 to not be able to watch without tearing.

Cannot see how the powerlines can affect my recordings from seizing for 3-4 minutes at times?

Just to say NONE of these problems occured until i used the replacement box.

In view of you not receiving previous posts would  acknowledge this post on a quick email.

Appreciate any help or ideas.

Regards methley3

Highlighted

Hi

It's strange that its only doing it with the replacement box, unless that box is faulty.

I'll swap this out and we can see if this helps, if not then we can look at the Powerline Adapters.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl Thanks for that, appreciate all you trying to do.

Regards methley3

Highlighted
Team Player

HI Karl  Just to let you know the 2nd replacement box works fine, thankyou for all your patience and help.

Regards

Highlighted

Hi

Glad this has helped.

Regards

Karl.

Working From Home Tips