cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youview can't detect broadband following visit by engineer who replaced some wiring

9 REPLIES 9
Juliamcdonald
Chatterbox

A couple of weeks ago an engineer came out as our broadband was dropping out sometimes. He replaced some of the wiring coming into the house. Since then the YouView box can't detect broadband. I have checked that it is connected correctly and reset everything to no avail. Any help appreciated 

Community Team

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Juliamcdonald
Chatterbox
I've done that now. Thanks for your help
Community Team

Hi

All settings look ok this side, no line issues etc.  Does the TV box connect directly to the router via the cable or are you using power line plug in adapters.

Thanks

Karl. 

Juliamcdonald
Chatterbox

We use the power line adaptors

Community Team

Hi

Are the power line adapters directly into wall sockets ?

Is the middle light Green on the adapters.

If unsure you can reset the adapters and then re-pair them.  I like to do this side by side in a double wall socket.

Press and hold the pair button for 10 seconds on each adapter to clear the previous pairing. 

Re-pair the adapters ans see if this is successful. If it is, you can place the adapters back in their original position.

Thanks 

Karl.

Juliamcdonald
Chatterbox

I've tried resetting, repairing etc. One has 3 green lights, the other one is changing between red and green for the middle one. I wonder if it was damaged when the work was done. Can you send a new set? 

Thanks Karl

Community Team

Hi

If the light is turning red, this would indicate it is having communication issues with the other. This can be the adapter itself, or can be caused by any internal wiring issues.

Always make sure the adapters , where possible are plugged directly into wall sockets and not in extension leads as these can reduce the speeds between the adapters.

I've a replacement set on the way to you so a faulty adapter can be ruled out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Juliamcdonald
Chatterbox
Excellent. Thanks. I will let you know.

Julia