cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Youview plus box not powering on via remote.

9 REPLIES
domdorris
Team Player

As the title says, my box won't come on via the remote. I have to turn off at the back and use front panel power button to wake it up. Fresh batteries in the remote too. Also the central white light on the front panel is quite dim even when the box is on, recording, etc. My previous box had quite a bright light until it went wonky too. All help appreciated in advance.

Regards,

Dom

Community Team

Hi Dom

Do other functions on the remote work, channel changes, volume etc ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

domdorris
Team Player

Hi Karl. 

Thanks for the speedy response. Yeah, once I've gotten the box powered up, the remote is responsive although occasionally, volume won't work despite the remote being set up to control TV volume. 

Community Team

Hi

I'll get a replacement remote out and see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

domdorris
Team Player
Cheers Karl! Sorry for slow reply, I didn't get a reply notification and I only knew when I got a text from Royalmail to say delivering today....oops.
Community Team

Hi

OK, Have a play round with this when it arrives and let me know.

Thanks

Karl. 

domdorris
Team Player
Hi Karl!
New remote received but I'm afraid that the box seems to be running slow; taking ages to navigate the menu and access apps. I've reset it but it's still the same. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it improves.
Regards,
Dom
Community Team

Hi Dom

When you reset the box, did you perform a Youview Maintenance Reset ?

Thanks

Karl. 

domdorris
Team Player
Hi Karl.

Yeah I performed the Maintenance Reset.
Community Team

Hi

Ok,

The box freezing in some cases is under investigation by our TV teams.

Thanks

Karl.