would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

connection

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cometman
Repeat Guest

Hi i have just recently changed to fast fibre.All is well apart from i cannot connect my andriod phone with youview to the set top box i get the error codeYVM5010. I have gone through all prompts to get it going but still cant get the phone to talk to the box.I thought it might be  my phone thats the problem but ive tried to connect with another  phone but that dosent work either.Any ideas Please

cometman. interested in new technology particularly in lithium power for the future
Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Cometman 

Do you have the recording box, the DN372t or another YouView recording box?  The mobile TalkTalk Planner App or YouView Planner App will connect only to a compatible recording TV box.

If it's a recording box the connection instructions are in the TalkTalk TV Planner App help page.

Key point is to connect the TV Box to the router using the supplied Ethernet cable.  To connect the 'phone to the router Wi-Fi network and to follow the 'connect a device' guidance in the help page.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Cometman 

How are you today? 

Do you need me to escalate this to TalkTalk for additional help on Monday?

We do like to see new members given prompt help to set up their equipment and to know it's all working well.

Let us know.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Cometman
Repeat Guest

Hi thank you for coming back to me sorry for the delay i have been busy. The box in question thats the one talktalk sent me is Huawei DN 360T. Everthing is up and running ok but the connection to the box.My phones a LG K10 a pretty modern andriod.I have conntacted TalkTalk 3 times they said they were sending me a email on how to go about this connection but i have never recieved anything

cometman. interested in new technology particularly in lithium power for the future