Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

contract

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi please could someone help me out by understanding our contract as we where under the impression when you took out TT contract that it stayed the same throughout the whole length of our contract which was a 24-month contract but just noticed the kid's TV package has gone up an extra pound so instead of us paying £2.50 we are now paying £3.00 as we took the TV boost offers on sports entertainment and kids I know people can say its only 50p but we did not even get a notification email and am disabled and feel really upset and disappointed in TT so if this is in the wrong place please accept my apologies in advance but if someone could help me understand I would be very much appreciated and grateful thank you

nick white
Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi Nick

It is usual for customer emails to go out a month in advance of revised billing to advise of pricing changes. If you’d like to find out more about these changes, please visit talktalk.co.uk/updates.  Do have a look in your spam or trash email folder as sometimes these notifications can get diverted there. 

I can confirm I did get a notification about the increase in the Anytime UK Calls Boost exactly a month ahead of this month's billing date so can confirm the price-change notifications are going out.

You'll not be the first to have missed out on advance notification but if you have a look at the pricing changes information you'll see that it does explain that the fixed price broadband and phone line rental fixed low price packages (FLPP) are indeed fixed for the term of the contract but that extras like call charges and Boosts are subject to change. 

The Kids Boost went up this month from £5 to £6 a month so I'm guessing you're on a half-price deal on that Boost. The half-price deal is still honoured which is why your billing is up by 50p to £3 and not the full price increase. 

If you don't find the "Important information about your account" email feel free to make a complaint about not being notified in advance, if only to make TalkTalk aware of the failure so they can investigate.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you, Gondola I really appreciate your understand and making me understand how this works but we have never received an email saying anything about these changes as I'm disabled I'm constantly checking my emails as soon as we get a red symbol where it says emails in our browser then I check it as that is all part of one of my disabilities that I'm stuck here and cant get out much and cannot go or even do much now but that's of the subject at hand and apologise for that but like I said we have not received any email about the price rises and another thing they need to make this clearer for people like me and the elderly or anyone even the TV advert does say about the boosts can change and certain criteria can change during your contract and not advertise it as saying we guarantee your contract stays the same throughout your contract period but I apologise in advance if I have missed something in the tv advert but also 50p is not a biggy but it would have been nice to know, again much appreciate for your guidence in this matter and with the information you put in your reply we do know now and understand it better so thank you

nick white
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Nick

You're welcome.

Like you I also have a red dot for an email account tab to indicate new mail waiting. It is easy though to skip / delete a couple of emails and for emails to be grouped together if they have the same title. So not unknown for me to miss the latest emails at first. 

It's not unknown for TalkTalk to miss sending out emails although they do aim to make sure important notification emails do reach you. They'll know, for example, if your email account rejects or bounces a billing or notification email.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Nick

I've just noticed a press release from TalkTalk indicating that they've got extra content from Hopster organised for the Kids Boost. Here's the TalkTalk press release (Click here).

Maybe this explains why the price went up and what's being delivered in return for your extra 50p a month.

Just thought I'd pop back and let you know.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you, Gondola really appreciate that information and wondered if there was something extra in the pipeline from TalkTalk as they seem to do things for a reason hence the extra 50p so all in all a win-win situation for TalkTalk one question though I'm a bit old for that LOL but I must admit one thing I do like some of the stuff on Disney especially good luck charlie again thank you

nick white