Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

error message TTG 252

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Over the past weeks I have tried to rent movies from Talk Talk using the talk talk box.  In each case I have been able to watch the trailer, but when I rent the movie and press play, I keep getting "Playback error TTG 252".  I have reported this problem twice to technical support at Talk Talk, each time being promised that the fault was logged and some one would get back to me n 72hour.  Alas no one did, I reported this fault again yesterday and now await for some one to contact me.  The movies in question were America Made and the Kindsman.

Regards

Rick

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Rick

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team of OCE's and they'll respond to you right here to help you.  As someone who is also currently experiencing this issue I can confirm you are not alone.

You'll need to ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account.

Leave your TV Box on smart standby and connected to your router, preferably directly with the supplied Ethernet cable, your router powered and connected to the line until you hear from the OCE's.  They'll check the TV Box, the router and the system and will have options to discuss with you.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi rick844

Can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Karl,

I have put my number on my profile

Rick
Highlighted

Hi

Can you put the home number or account number on your profile rather than the mobile number so I can locate your account details.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

My home number is obscured for customer security

Highlighted

Hi

Can you - Hard Reboot TV box (using button at the back of the box)  

Perform software update (Menu > Settings > Software Information > Update Software > Press OK on remote)  

Load More TV (TalkTalk/More TV button on remote)  

Select a boost / content.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster
I have carried out your instruction, I then tried a movie. The same message came up "playback error TTG-252.

Rick
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I am being/have been billed for movies I am unable to watch due to a technical fault with Talk Talk. I have reported the fault numerous times and nothing has been rectified.

Highlighted

Hi

Did you try my previous advice?

Can you tell me the movie that was failing so I can check this and make sure you are not billed for it.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster
In total I have tried two movies twice, they are the Kingsman and America Made. Please see my other thread on the fault, I have carried out your instruction and it has not rectified the fault
Highlighted

Hi

I've processed a refund for the 2 movies.  also I've raised this to our TV teams to have a look and see if they can see an issue.  I'll let you know as soon as they reply.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted

Hi

Can you power off the box via the button at the back for 5 minutes, then power back on and try one of the movies again ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster
I have carried out what you have asked. I then went to hire the "Kingsman", I entered my pin number. An instruction said that the movie is now in "My Stuff" folder, I go to this folder select the movie and it says the has "29 days to start the movie". I press OK to get the movie to play, the screen then returns to the PIN screen, I did this 3 times. I now have the Kingsman movie 3 times in the "my stuff" folder. In other words it has not worked and I have three movies I can't watch again. If we need to change my talk talk box then please change it, my patients is becoming very thin.

Rick
Highlighted

Hi Rick, 

I've passed this back over to our TV guys and will see what they say.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thanks Karl, they tried fixing the problem but they could not do it. They have passed it up to the engineering deptarment. I have also beenjoy charged for two more film I selected during the testingredient with the TV guys and unable to watch.

Regards

Rick

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Is there any update, I have heard nothing since the problem has been passed to engineering
Highlighted

Hi

I've emailed our TV teams to see whats happening with this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted

Hi

Our TV Teams have asked if you can try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 4: Keep Recordings).

Then try again.  They have fully tested the movies here and are unable to recreate. The are also not seeing any other reports, which is unusual for a popular movie such as this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi 

I have carried out the procedure as instructed, I now have fault code TTG 216 and I am unable to see any film at all. I have now had enough, if this problem is not sorted by the end of this I will cancel my TV subscription.