Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

error message TTG 252

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Rick

After a Maintenance Mode reset the TV Box needs to authorise your Boost subscriptions and purchased content rights.  TTG216 just means the box hasn't acquired the necessary authorisation.  And I know you've gone through this at least once before so I know it's getting a bit wearing.

Make sure the TV Box is connected to the router and has an Internet connection. If it doesn't it'll tell you.

Then on the TV Box remote

• Press Menu / YouView button
  • Scroll right to Settings and press OK
  • Scroll down to Software Information and press OK
  • Update Software and Update Players and Apps
  • Press Back, twice
  • Scroll to More TV and press OK
  • Select MyStuff
  • Scroll down and see if you can play content

So, that should have got the software and players updated if needed or at least ticked a check box.  And the subscriptions should have been authorised.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi, I have carried out your instructions, but the selected movie still did not play. When I go to play the movie it bounces back to the rental page. If you look at my account you will see I have 4 copies of the same movie.

It has been a month now you have been trying to fix this, if it is a fault with my box then replace it.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Rick

I can only suggest you let the OCE / TV Team look at your account setup and the TV Box logs. The TTG-216 error says the content isn't available but if your account is showing the content is available to play in the Rented & Owned tab on the TV Box then taking you back to a purchase screen isn't expected.

When you say your account is showing 4 copies of the movie - that's on the TV Box in the Rented & Owned tab in More TV > My Stuff ?  Is that right?  And presumably one or more are expired rentals?  But when you select one to play it asks you to purchase again? 

Or when you say your account is showing 4 copies of the movie is that just in the purchase history?  Excuse my asking but I'm just trying to get my head around how this situation can arise. And just so you're aware, I'm a customer so don't have access to any of your account stuff to see what you're seeing.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi rick844

A replacement box is on the way to also rule out any issues with this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi Karl

Sorryou for the delay I was away on holiday, I have now changed the box. I went into "more tv", the selected "continue" as it said that the movie " Kingsman: The Golden Circle" was available. I selected this movie, pressed please, a message appears stating " Something'special gone wrong (TTG-216)". So there is still a fault and obviously at your end. Please rectify this problem ASAP, otherwise I will have to move to another provider as you are failing to provide the service you are contracted to supply.

Kind regards

Rick Wilson
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Rick, the fault ticket is over with our colleagues now. You should get updates by text.