would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

freeview channels blank after viewing

19 REPLIES
pauljgoman
Participant

subscription channel.

just went blank, all freeview channels but all my subscribed channels work. prior to watching a subsc channel all freeview worked.

also, i can record a live program, like now i am watching the footie on itv by watching my recording of it...i am 10 secs behind live. 

anyone got an idea wats going on? 

pauljgoman
Participant

and now, i just did the 8 second restart button press, i have no channels found and the subscription channels are showing but blank on the guide.

completely blank screen

i can access 

guide, 

menu, -- no internet found, no aerial channels no information

dear me, box is crashed

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @pauljgoman

Three options to try :

1) Unplug the box for a couple of minutes then restart it.

2) Try a retune

3) A Maintenance reset (KEEP RECORDINGS) as follows :

Turn the box off, then unplug power lead for a couple of minutes.

Re plug in power .

1. Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).
  2. Power on YouView using button at the back of the YouView Box.
  3. Start YouView using the power button on the YouView Box front panel and then quickly press and hold both the + and – buttons on the front panel. If you haven’t pressed the buttons together by the time 'YouView Waking Up' is displayed, or you see the 'YouView please wait...' message then try again.
  4. Let go of the + and – buttons once the 'Huawei – Maintenance Mode menu' is displayed.
  5. The + and – buttons on the front panel will navigate the menu. Keep pressing the – button until 2 “factory reset keep recordings” option is highlighted. If you go past the option, simply press the + button to navigate back to the option.
  6. Press the power button on the YouView Box front panel to select the option. This will bring up some information and ask 'Do you want to proceed?'. Press the power button again to confirm.
  7. The YouView Box will now show a progress bar as it downloads software from the internet and installs on the YouView Box. This may take several minutes. Once complete, the YouView Box will restart.
  8. Once the YouView Box restarts, the YouView Box will show the initial setup wizard. You will need to run through the setup wizard including tuning the channels.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

It is also a good idea to restart your router once you have done this.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
pauljgoman
Participant

now its cant find internet .. ithas an ip but it is very very very slow responding and stuck on the broadband connection screen

pauljgoman
Participant
reset again using the Software reset .. seems to be redoing it all now . setting up serivces step 3of 6 taking ages (Again)
pauljgoman
Participant

mega fail ... now it cant find anything .. subscribed channels or aerial channels (yes internet on and working and aerial working)

so back to the start .. reset option usb/internet .. screen stuck on setting up tv service step 3 of 6 ... 1 hour and counting.

this box is fooked completely

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @pauljgoman

Have you restarted the router ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
pauljgoman
Participant
yup, numerous times.
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @pauljgoman

I'll escalate this for OCE support for you.

At times like this I unplug everything for an hour or so and start again !!

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

pauljgoman
Participant
ta , have sorted profile. will unplug for a bit
Community Team

Hi Paul

Have you powered on the TV box, are you able to see freeview channels ?

I can see service discovery logs, so the box has checked with the server for updates, the last being yesterday at abut 1:20pm.

Let me know if this is still failing.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

pauljgoman
Participant

HI karl,

i rebooted this morning and it was hung on stage 5 of 6 i think

just returned and it seems to have found internet service channels 76 , but no aerial channels

rescanning atm

edit:

hung on the aerial channel scan page .. roughly at 95%

Community Team

Hi Paul,

Am I right in assuming you have connected the aerial to a TV to check the reception / aerial itself.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

pauljgoman
Participant

yes, aerial works directly on the tv

on friday i had it all working, i viewed a tv select channel then back to bbc1 and found all aerial channels blank but i could record and view with 10sec delay an aerial channel ..

then on sunday morning, after it all reinstalled , i viewed an app and suddenly all the aerial channels went blank

since then i have attempted to reinstall but no luck

pauljgoman
Participant
it didnt complete the aerial scan but it has found 118 aerial and 78 subscription channels
however they appear in the tv guide EPG and some subscription channels info appears
but they are all blank and no sound

Community Team

Hi

I want to get one of our engineers to take a look at this as it's a new box.  Are you ok for Thursday 9-12 ?

Thanks

Karl. 

pauljgoman
Participant

sorry i am out most mornings till 11.30am

Community Team

Hi

ok, 12-3 ok ?

Karl

pauljgoman
Participant

great. thursday 12th 12-3

Community Team

Hi

Thursday 12-3 Confirmed.  I've added notes to let the engineer know whats happening and he should verify the setup and test with alternative equipment.

Thanks

Karl.