cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

hidden channels

9 REPLIES
beefman22
Chatterbox

I have hidden a number of channels over time using my Youview box. I can see an option to "restore hidden channels", but I don't want to restore ALL of them en masse. Is it possible to view the list of hidden channels so that I can maybe decide to restore one or two channels individually?

Community Team

Hi, 

you should be able to access the guide, select the option to hide channels, enter your pin, and then select the channels to you wish to un hide.

Thanks

Karl

beefman22
Chatterbox
Hi Karl. Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure that's correct. I get to the guide, choose "hide channels" option and enter my pin but the "hidden channels" are still hidden so I can't individually select ones to "un-hide". The only option is the "restore channels" button which is the red button, which restores ALL of the hidden channels. This is the problem and the reason for my message. In a future software update, this should be amended so that you can individually "un-tick" a single hidden channel.
Community Team

Hi, I'll pass on your comments.

Hugh Riddle
Chatterbox

FAO OCE

I am sure users often want to 'unhide' a previously hidden channel eg after accidentally hiding a channel or on learning that a channel's content has become more interesting. The Restore Channels option requires laboriously 'rehiding' many channels.

I have [ commented ] below on your reply of ‎03-09-2014 to beefman22:

"you should be able to access the guide, select the option to hide channels [actually Edit Channels]], enter your pin [ OK ], and then select the channels [ PREVIOUSLY HIDDEN CHANNELS CANNOT BE VIEWED ] you wish to un hide."

Please, has this matter progressed since your reply of ‎05-09-2014, saying you were passing the comment on?

ferguson
Community Star

Unfoprtunately not, this is a feature of the YouView interface generally and not something TalkTalk control directly. There is a workaround though, as posted on the YouView Community website: https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/how-to-unhide-a-single-channel

Hugh Riddle
Chatterbox

Thanks for that link which shows a useful workaround to restore a hidden channel and a consensus on a problem that obviously troubles a lot of users. Next step has to be for the provider(s) to insist on a proper solution, no matter who has to implement it - in the spirit of 'Can Do'.  Yes?

ferguson
Community Star

No question of a "yes" from me.  :smileyhappy:

Malcolm Speake
First Timer

Trouble is there is no search facility on the new softwear download.  At the moment you can't hide any channels never mind unhide an individual channel.  Just another example of talktalk incompetence I'm afraid.  

billbruce
Team Player

If you use the search button on your remote, or highlight the magnifying glass icon at the top left of the banner when you push the y or youview button it opens the search facility.

I hope this if some help.