Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

i want to leave talktalk

7 REPLIES 7
nick123
Wizz Kid

could an OCE please get in touch as I am refusing to pay any more money to TalkTalk because of this £4.00 charge and also if I have read my email correctly we are no longer charging the £4.00 for multi-room which I do not have any way but if you pay an extra £50.00 for a T.V box and an engineer visit whatever the charge it is for an engineer to visit but they still want to charge me £4.00 for watching my T.V so I would rather leave and get a better deal elsewhere as this to me and by reading a lot of other threads this is just not me but all of TalkTalk customers this really does need sorting and someone from the management team who sit at a desk all day and say I have a way of making our LOYAL CUSTOMERS and new customers pay more for watching T.V its such a brilliant plan we will disguise it in such a way that we can and will get away with it

nick white
John_G
Wizz Kid

Hi, hopefully an OCE will be back to you on Monday.

While the introduction of this charge is annoying, if you don't subsribe to any TV Boosts (Sky Sports, Entertainment, that kind of thing) you could just ask an OCE to remove the TalkTalk TV service from your account.  No extra charge then, and no noticable difference to your service.

Good luck!

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @nick123

If you don't have or want to use any boosts at the minute then as @John_G says an OCE will be able to remove TV and the charge when they return on Monday as they only work MON to FRI 8AM to 4PM, if you decide at a later date to add a boost then you can always add it. You will however then incur the £4 PM charge.

Be aware though that if you have a TV box depending on how long you have had it they may require you to return it and if not you will be responsible for any breakdowns.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Manager

Hey @nick123,

I'm sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving TalkTalk, if this is something you want to discuss, one of my colleagues in our loyalty department would be happy to talk through your options. With regards to the TV Charge, you can find more information about the charge and the benefits of the TV service by checking out our guide TalkTalk TV pricing is changing. As mentioned by the other guys, if you don't make use of any of the TV benefits then we can remove the fee from your account. 

I'd be happy to help with that but I do need you to confirm some information first so I'll send you a PM now with some questions to answer if you'd like me to help further just reply to the PM and we'll take it from there.

Thanks 

nick123
Wizz Kid

I use our boosts and I watch our boosts which I already pay for and use you would not go to a shop and buy a brand new T.V and set it up and not use it would you then for the shop to say sorry as you bought a T.V of us we have to charge an extra fee for using the T.V so why are we and many many others got to pay extra £4.00 a month for the use of the boosts when we are already paying for them I can see this as being a disaster just waiting to finish TalkTalk and now sky have just released a loyalty plan for their existing customers when will TalkTalk learn if they do not come up with something like that or something so good TalkTalk will get more customers not lose customers or is this TalkTalk plan that like the mobile phones they are going to at some point stop their T.V packages and has for the information on this £4.00 charge that you pointed me to as usual it does not completely say what the charges are for only that if you want to keep using the boosts which alot of TalkTalk customers have and use and all your going to do is lose customers old and new so at the moment we will stay but once our contract is up then I think as me alot of TalkTalk customers will be re-thinking where to go as there are some great offers that other providers are doing and always will be someone out there that can beat TalkTalk we have been very loyal to TalkTalk like alot of customers some alot longer than us and this is how you at TalkTalk treat them this is very sneaky and underhanded im afraid but like I said we will stay at the moment but our contract ends it could be alot of good byes 

nick white
jimsane
Popular Poster

Thankfully i only have a month left on my contract. I've already phoned up and cancelled this £4 charge and it seems that also means my Sky sports boost will stop. I asked to terminate my contract, by giving a months notice but was told to wait till Feb. as i would be charged a termination fee.

I'm not sure if it only applies to mobile phone contracts but if your contract is increased by more than 10% you can leave without penalty. I think an increase from £0 to £4 is more than 10%. Be interesting to find out.

I know my sister is paying £12 for her tv boost, so if that is going to be £16 then she will be leaving as well.

jimsane
Community Team

Hi @jimsane

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

jimsane
Popular Poster
Hi Karl,

Thread started here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/TalkTalk-TV-fee/m-p/2299345 ferguson transferred one of my posts to start the thread. Sorry not sure how to link to it.

Thanks
jimsane
jimsane