Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

not getting tv boosts

27 REPLIES
aloynes
Participant

help i am at my wits end. last month i have renewed my talk talk contract for another 18 months. Since the new contract has started i have lost the signal for the sky sports news as well as sky 1 and 2 and sky living and others i keep having IPC6023 coming up and have followed instructions as what to do.  The isp is coming up as 1401011 so i know that is fine,i have been on the chat live for over 2 hours including on my mobile data phone so they can run diagnostics on my internet, the router has been turned off and on, the box has been turned off and on as well as my powerline adapter which has 600Mbps which is more than adequate as ive had no problem on the old contract which is the same as the new contract. I have checked all cables, i must have been through at least 6 agents on chat live, one was saying that i need a new router as the other one is at least 3 years to be delivered to me but another agent said there is no record of this conversation on my mobile data. i have been with talk talk for many years and i am dismayed with how they are treating me especially now that i have a new 18 month contract. If i knew they were going to treat me like this i wouldnt have accepted the new contract. Is there anything else i can do to get my tv boosts back on

Community Team

Hi aloynes, have tech support had you testing with your powerline adaptors disconnected? If not can you give that a try and let me know. Could you also add a mobile number to your profile. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

aloynes
Participant

hi thank you for your reply i have been in touch with the technical team i went thruogh about  6 different agents and have used my own mobile data while they were doing the tests one of them said i needed a new router but other agents cannot find that coversation from the mobile data phone while they were doing it. i have been trying to sort it out for over  hours and one agent said that because i have signed a new contract the broadband will only work with the new talk talk powerline adapters. I know my Zyxel HD 600 Mbps is more than adequate to do the job

Community Team

Sorry to be a pain, but have you tested with just the router into the test socket and the tv box? I ask because the powerline adaptors are a point of failure and could be the cause of the problem.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

aloynes
Participant

thank you for your reply i have been checking everything however when i did the connection check on my account sometimes there has been a message saying it has connection issues between network and computer this has happened about four times now and also i have been doing speed tests sometimes its 3.5mbps and then other times its 7 mbps it seems to me that it quite a jump in speed too many time. i hope this helps

Community Team

And are those results without the powerlines in place? Is your PC connected to the router via an ethernet cable or wifi?

aloynes
Participant

hello yes the result is without the powerline and my pc is connected to router by ethernet cable ive just this minute run another test and broadband looking good from network to home and i have just done a speed check and its 7.8 mbps and that is a good speed more than double than it was yesterday.

aloynes
Participant

ive just did another speed test and it has now dropped to 5.1 mbps in 20 minutes is this of any help

aloynes
Participant

im still not getting sky i only get them for about 3 minutes and then its gone to ipc 6023 but when i put internet channel number 338 it is working fine i just dont understand how 1 internet channel can work and the other dont, any more suggestions anyone im running out of options

aloynes
Participant

any other ideas out there on what to do my router is d-link dsl-3780 i have pressed the reset button but it didnt make any different

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @aloynes

Just for clarification could you identify which results are directly connected to router and which are via PLA's. Is it possible for you to try testing with your router connected directly to the master test socket ?

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/what-test-socket#5572

From what you said initially it does sound like it could be a PLA problem. Are they DIRECTLY connected to the power sockets i.e. not to extension leads, plug adaptors or anti-surge protectors? On mine I discovered that by using one attached to an extension cord the speed dropped from 36Mbps to 8Mbps.

However lets get the speed to the router checked first. Could you type 192.168.1.1/ into any browser, log into your router homepage (username is admin and the password is on the back of the router NOT THE WIRELESS PASSWORD, unless you have changed it) Then you should see something like downstream rate and upstream rate. What speeds is it showing?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
aloynes
Participant

Hi fre55die, i can confirm that both of the powerline adapters are in the main sockets and not in extension cables or powersurge. however looking at the 192.168.1.1 site i have been looking at the internet summery  and the general summery. one minute its showing green which means connected and ready then it shows red which mean error its green for about 16-20 seconds then its red for about 4 seconds and this is doing it all the time (a green tick on internet and wireless about 16-20 seconds and then a red cross on internet and wireless which lasts about 4 seconds. i dont understand this ping test jargon but it said 56 data bytes and trace route is 40 hops max and 40 byte packet. im sorry i cant be of more help im just a simple person who want to watch sky sports news

aloynes
Participant

hi OCE Ady, i did get in touch with tech guy on my mobile so he could do the tests after about 20 minutes i havn't heard off him again and to be fair i only get 1 gig of internet per month but ive tried to keep in touch with him and all of a sudden he wasnt texting me. i have had a look at the message fre55die sent me and i have replied as best as i could regarding ping and traceroute test and the summery. i just dont know what else i can do i cannot use the telephone as i am deaf and texting is my only way of communicating, sorry for any trouble caused

Community Team

Firstly you're not causing any trouble. It's my job and I'm happy to help. Sadly I'm not our best TV support ( OCE_KARL) is on leave. That said I'll do my best to help you get this sorted. I need you to work through the Powerline Troubleshooting help article to make sure they're working properly. 

aloynes
Participant

Hello again i have done everything that the powerline adapter is suppose to do main sockets, all lights are on green one blinking, both has been reset, however looking at the 192.168.1.1 site i have been looking at the internet summery  and the general summery. one minute its showing green which means connected and ready then it shows red which mean error its green for about 16-20 seconds then its red for about 4 seconds and this is doing it all the time (a green tick on internet and wireless about 16-20 seconds and then a red cross on internet and wireless which lasts about 4 seconds. i dont understand this ping test jargon but it said 56 data bytes and trace route is 40 hops max and 40 byte packet. I wouuld have thought that on the gereral summery the green ticks should be on continuate green. I have been with talktalk for over 9 years and have just taken on a new 18 month contract and all of a sudden i have this problem. i am thankful for your time in helping me

Community Team

So for 20 percent of the time your Powerline adaptors are dropping connection. Have you reset and repaired the powerline adaptors?

aloynes
Participant

hi OCE-Ady. i have done the reset on the powerline adapters i have done everything.When i looked at the 192.168.1.1 site which was for the DSL-3780 router i have been looking at the internet summery  and the general summery for the router. one minute its showing green which means connected and ready then it shows red which mean error its green for about 16-20 seconds then its red for about 4 seconds and this is doing it all the time (a green tick on internet and wireless about 16-20 seconds and then a red cross on internet and wireless which lasts about 4 seconds. i dont understand this ping test jargon but it said 56 data bytes and trace route is 40 hops max and 40 byte packet. This test was done with the powerline adapters turned off and taken out of the main sockets, Would this cause the internet channels to stop working

Community Team

Hi aloynes

I'm seeing errors on the line and the SNR levels are fluctuating more than I would expect.  I've a router on the way to you and this should arrive in the next 24-48 hrs.

Connect this up and retest when it arrives and let me know, and I can see if the line readings look more stable from here.

Thanks

Karl. 

aloynes
Participant

Hello Karl. First i would to thank you for your help in this matter in getting back the internet channels and thank you for sendin in a new router. I have set this up and ihave had the internet channels running for about 40 minutes then it stopped, ive looked at the power light it was solid green so that was ok the broadband light was flashing green but according to the book it should be solid green, then after a few minutes the broadband went back to solid green to solid green and the internet channels have come back on i have typed in the 192.163.1.1 and the internet has now been running for 31 minutes after the start up lasted about 40 minutes. i will leave the router on all the time to give it a chance to give it a steady speed. i am thankful to you for being able to watch the sky channels again for now. I am sorry if i took up too much of your time in helping me but i am really grateful for your help but i will let you know if it stopped again. Could you let me know the outcome of your investigation on the errors on the line and see if the SNR levels are stable. Once again thank you for your help.

Community Team

Hi

The line readings are looking better, the error count has reduced and the noise margin has increased to a better level, so things are looking better.

I've now reset the DLM system that monitors your line and this has set a better profile as less errors are detected.

Keep monitoring, and any issues, please let me know and our team will help.

Regards,

Karl.