Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

not happy

ANSWERED
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Popular Poster

We can see that you have recently made changes to your account. While we process these changes you'll be unable to manage your TV Boosts via My Account. The changes usually happen within 10 minutes, however occasionally it can take up to 24 hours. Please check back later.we have 5 days later ,now regretting renewing contract 

Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi

what changes are you trying to make ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

hi the problem started when we decided against my better judgement to renew our contract we added the fibre option and a new WIFI hub to the new contract ,WIFI works fine TV works fine but we cannot get the boosts or rent or by movies etc which is what the original post is the message we get ,I have tried on the phone massaging  to convince talktalk and that the problem is not the internet connection as we have tried all the fault checks line checks etc ,all the I players download fine but talk talk wont listen  and insist on sending an engineer, even the guy on the help line agreed when I said talk talk needs to push the appropriate button at there end ,but no cant do that because an engineer is coming to tell me that talk talk needs to push the appropriate button at there end ,I am really regretting renewing  even a friend who is a telephone engineer said I was mad using talk talk its an industry joke ,I just feel a total mug ,what more a message on my account come up saying I'm on restricted service due to billing issue even TT accounts have said that a mistake and ignore it  a year later its still there double mug

Highlighted

Hi

I don't actually think this is a TV problem.

I've had a look at your service, and it looks to be an order problem on our side.  

The fibre order is showing completed on the openreach system, but on our network system I'm still showing your circuit as ADSL, not fibre. The order is still showing as open on our side.  This is usually caused when openreach have not sent the complete order update to our systems to cause them to update the order and mark as complete, or there has been a system issue to cause a breakdown in communication to allow the order to complete.

I'm going to raise this to my network colleagues / provisioning to see if they can manually force this to update through our system.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Karl 

thank you for your much appreciated reply, I'm sorry I was getting annoyed but after spending so much time on the phone to accounts ,Tec and web chats to try and resolve the issues and going round in circles its frustrating ,the fact of the boosts etc not working is not life changing and in fact is relatively trivial in the grand scheme of things ,but it is so frustrating when the only answer I have been getting is the computer says no ! ,so thankyou for your very intelligent reply  Karl and look forward to a resolution thanks again for the only one to listen😁 

Highlighted

Hi

No Problem 🙂

I completely understand your frustration, and I hope I can get this resolved for you soon.

I've had an email back from our order management teams.  they have manually sent through the order closure request and have asked me to verify if the order completes by this afternoon, or to get back to them and they will try to manually close it down.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster
H Karl
last time I checked the error codes were still there that we don't have the boosts etc
many thanks again for your help
Highlighted

Hi

Sorry for the delay in reply.  The order was still showing as open so I've passed this back to our teams to raise internally to have the order manually completed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi Karl
many thanks for sorting this out for us it is appreciated
the engineer is coming Wednesday morning the 16 June shall I cancel the appointment?
many thanks
Highlighted

Hi

I would cancel the engineer, not much they can do for you.

The TV part works through our system by linking the network ID to the TV system.

As the order is not complete, and the service is not showing as fibre yet, the Network ID is incorrect and needs to be updated to the Fibre ID rather than the old ADSL Network ID.

When the order is manually completed and our network system shows correctly as Fibre, I have access to the back end TV systems and can check that all these ID's match up.  If any do not, I have access to have an ID quickly updated by our Vendor across the TV platform.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

HI KARL.

I've spent 1 hour and 15 minutes trying to cancel the engineer  but don't know ether way if it has been cancelled this whole thing has been a total nightmare the person on the chat was no help at all couldn't even get the date right then told me I was going to be charged ,it was talk talk that told me I needed an engineer in the first place ,you are the only one, that has made any sense and helped in the hours and hours  of wasted time of phone calls chats etc  I'm really regretting signing up with your company again its mad.

Highlighted

Hi

I've checked and can see the appointment was cancelled.

The order has completed and I'm now showing your service is correctly showing as fibre.

I've checked the fibre circuit ID is showing as linked to our TV system and can see a TV box has been registered about 7:51 this morning.

The line is in sync at 40mb and has a good rate assessment, so all looks good from this end.

Are you able to play TV Content ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Karl

every thing seems to be working fine at the moment crossed fingers ,

you have been a star 🤗 many thanks for your help I would have never have sorted this out with out your help so massive thanks😊

I still find talk talk incredibly difficult to communicate with 1 hour 15 just to cancel an engineers appointment plus the hours spent with phone calls and web chats, if an older person or some one with out the resources  had a problem it would be impossible, I shall still put a complaint in, but don't expect it to be listened too.

but again   thankyou very much for your help 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @max 2020 

Just for your future information if you need to, you can cancel or change engineer visits online.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-TalkTalk-engineer-appointment/ta-p/2205431

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted

Hi max 2020

I'm glad to hear this is finally resolved for you, and so sorry it took so long to get you up and running with TV.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips