Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

old you view box

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Sightseer

my box is very old and i am sick off having to switch it on and off all the time

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi,

What actually is the issue you face with the box? What model is it? This can be found under device information in settings.

there are things that can be tried that may help any issues you are having.

Have you tried a soft reset? To do this hold the power button on the front for around 10 seconds and the box should restart. Alternatively, you can turn off from the back and power back on.

If this doesn’t work then have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and I’ll flag for further assistance.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Sightseer

model number DN370T.02.04.P  It freezes and i have to turn it off at the back if you stop half way through a film when when you go to watch again it start at the beginning this is all the time 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi,
I've escalated to the OCE for you, but have you tried the maintenance reset I suggested?

For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi sandyb22

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your phone number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done..

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Sightseer

my account number is REMOVED FOR SECURITY

Highlighted

Hi sandyb22

I've ordered you a replacement TV Box, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Sightseer
  • thank you i received my new box today but there is no remote control 
Highlighted

Hi sandyb22

Your old remote control will work with the new box, the replacement TV boxes don't come with a remote control.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Visitor

Hello,

This is exactly the same with me - the box will cut out half way through a film, and almost certainly before the start of a new Netflix episode. I have had the box almost 3 years.

Recently, in an attempt to speed up, I upgraded to the fastest ever broadband, but this has not impacted my TV watching experience. 

I bought a new remote last month, thinking this may fix some of the suppppppper slow connectivity, but alas, if anything the box has gone slower. You can waste seconds upon seconds waiting for the TV box to catch up with what you've pressed on the remote... and then waste more time correcting the zealous over-pressing :)))

I will try the options listed above to see if the Box functionality becomes any quicker.

I would appreciate any other advise or support.

Dillon Heffernan
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @HefferD 
Please start your own thread as each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.
Thank you

Highlighted

Hi @HefferD

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie