Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

picture break up on various channels

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Team Player

My mum has been getting weak signal and picture break up for several weeks now. she has a communal aerial and this has been checked and working fine (other apartments on the same aerial are working fine). It does appear to be on HD channels and normal channels. I´ve done the resets and retunes and checked the wiring to the box and it doesn´t appear to be fixing the issue. 

Is it possible for the diagnostics on the box to be checked, as i´m starting to think the box might be faulty. 

Thanks in advance. 

Nick.

Highlighted
Community Star

This may sound silly, but have you tried a retune with the aerial disconnected, and then tune again having reconnected it?

The box seems to hold a memory of channels previously tuned and clearing this as above sometimes helps.

What is the signal strength like on the TV? 

Also does the aerial link directly to the box or is it looped through the TV? If the latter try swapping it so the box is first in line. Remember to turn RF loopthrough on in the box settings, so you get a signal to the TV.

Hope this helps but if not post back and I'll escalate to an OCE for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Team Player

@fr8ys Hi, thanks for the response. The Aerial is directly into the box. I’ve tried what you said and it hasn’t made a difference. Strangely it seems to be the HD channels that have now disappeared from the guide altogether, and still break up on other channels. Is it possible to escalate this. Thanks. 

Community Star

I've escalated for you.

One further thought though. Is this a fairly recent issue? By that I mean from say mid December.

If so then it could be atmospheric disturbances as the weather has been playing havoc with Freeview signals, most noticeable on the local channel mux, which includes the CBS channels and HD channels.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi, yes I read about the atmospheric issue. I don't think it's related. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I appreciate your help with this. The TV is a bit of a lifeline for my mum, so will be glad to get it sorted. 

Thanks once again. N.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Nick

I do see some variance in the signal levels at the box.

I'll swap out the box and see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Thank you for your help, I’ll give you an update when I’ve installed the new box. Do you know when that will be sent &  Will there be a charge for the new box? 
Thanks. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

The box will normally arrive in 24-48hrs.

There will be no charge for this.

Thanks

Karl.