Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

powerline adaptors not working

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Team Player

The receiving powerline adaptor has stopped working and occasionally the internet light on the router keeps turning red. Is it possible to get a new set of adaptors please as mine are now a few years old. I thought I had contacted OCE_Karl on a couple of occasions but to date I have received no reply.

Graham29. 

Highlighted
Community Star

When the PLAs stop working, what is happening with their LEDs? Does the problem coincide with the internet light on the router going red?

What make/model of PLAs are you using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Team Player

It is the powerline receiver which has stopped working - no lights at all. The router has sometimes got a red light showing on the internet light. We still seem to be getting all the programmes recorded on the TV but we cannot get any of the apps on the TV. We also have had to wake up the You View box a couple of times since the adaptor went dead.

Thanks for your help.

graham29.  

Highlighted
Community Star

Recording of TV programmes will be unaffected by this. It sounds like you have two faults, both of which will have to wait until Monday now, unless you want to call the service centre. I will ask the OCEs to deal with it then for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks for your help. I will wait to see what happens on Monday. I thought OCE_KARL was looking at it but he hasn't replied to my two messages I sent him!

Graham29.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'll get a replacement set of adapters out and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks very much.
Graham29
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE