would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

primary TV box

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES 4
andrew_sanderson
First Timer

hi, I have a 2nd set top box,  (Huawei) and am wondering if it can be changed to be my primary box.

Also my current box is a recordable one , so would I still be able to record free view programmes on it if is not primary anymore.

Thanks

fr8ys
Community Star

Freebies channels can be recorded on any youview recordable box.

You should now be able to change the primary box yourself.

Go to the box you wish to be primary. Select a boost channel or more tv, and try to view a boost. You should get a message stating the box is not primary, and asking if you wish to change it to primary. Select yes and off you go.

You can also switch back if you wish to.

Word of warning. If you have a boost set up to record, and it is not the primary box, you will probably get a failed recording.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @andrew_sanderson

Yes it can to both questions. The easy way for you to do it is to go to "More TV" from the Humax when connected up. It should then ask you to set up channels, it will then say something along the lines of we have detected 2 boxes, do you want to set this as primary? click yes, it will ask you to confirm and that should be it, all done.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
fre55die
Community Star
Solution

Hi @andrew_sanderson

Both @fr8ys and myself responded at the same time. The switch back may be needed if you want to watch something that you have recorded from a "boost" channel on your Huawei box. Apparently you can switch freely.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
andrew_sanderson
First Timer

@fre55die wrote:

Hi @andrew_sanderson

Both @fr8ys and myself responded at the same time. The switch back may be needed if you want to watch something that you have recorded from a "boost" channel on your Huawei box. Apparently you can switch freely.

Thanks @fr8ys, and @fre55die, it didn't work last night but both boxes unplugged overnight and can now see the boosts on the 2nd box, it didn't ask to change to primary though. 

Anyway sorted now,  thanks