Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

recordings no longer playing

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

This appears to be a common problem from reading these posts.

My recordings are failing to playback - the screen is black, no sound and code IPC 6040 appears briefly. As well as failing to playback, recordings are failing to record both fully or partially. I have performed the maintenance reset numerous times (as read from other posts) with no change.

The lights on the box no longer flash when recording is apparently happening?

My router was recently replaced due to an issue with internet/ broadband. The Talktalk box is connected directly to the router via cable.

SMG
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

A box can be replaced if a customer is within contract and also subscribes to TalkTalk TV (The TV Charge).

As this is not the case here, a box replacement cannot be issued.

If you would like to renew your contract either online or via Live Chat or customer services then a box can be issued once the contract is renewed.

Thanks

Karl. 

First Timer

Hi Karl

I don't understand how I'm not showing as having a contract, I have Talktalk phone, broadband & tv, plus entertainment boost & Sky movies boost??

SMG
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

You are currently out of contract on your account.  If you contact our customer services teams they can renew the contract for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
First Timer

If I'm 'out of contract' why did I receive a free replacement router last week? I have never had any notification or renewal advice regarding my account, I'm still paying over £60 per month to somebody for tv, phone and broadband?

I will ring customer services to sort this misunderstanding.

SMG
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

You still have an account with ushowever the contractual period ended some time ago.  

New TV equipment is not usually provided unless you are within contract and you will need to renew the contract with our teams or I am unable to replace the box for you.

Thanks

Karl.