Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

using own Router

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi could someone please help me with a dilemma I use my own Router for my TalkTalk TV and it's a Netgear D8500 or X8 and would like to know is that now TalkTalk TV is no longer available do I need the settings that you needed to watch TalkTalk TV or can I now just reset my Router to its original settings without setting it all back up to the settings to watch the TalkTalk TV like the Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment as now TalkTalk no longer support Sky TV as its all done through Now TV so please if anyone could possibly help me with this matter I would be very much grateful and it would be very much appreciated as well   

nick white
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

You can reset the router, this will not have to be configured for IP TV services if you no longer subscribe to a TV boost via TalkTalk but access Now TV directly.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Karl thank you for replying very much appreciated so if I understand what you are saying it is not going to make any difference to use NOW TV through the TalkTalk box so I do not have to change anything on my router like you use to do as when I went into my account and the TV section I saw TalkTalk sky sport and sky Entertainment package had changed to Now TV witch I took with the offer from TalkTalk to go over to Now TV witch has made be a stupid and cannot get my head around what's what anymore sorry to sound a bit thick but I would just like to know what is happening as I really do not understand if TalkTalk is doing the sky sports sky cinema and sky entertainment anymore or not hence the question can I reset my Router and not change settings in the Router after a full reset or do I still need the settings, for Now, TV so if you could make it clearer for me I would be very grateful and it would be very much appreciated as I have issues with understanding things like this so sorry in advance and thank you

nick white
Highlighted
Community Star

TalkTalk are still providing an Entertainment Boost which requires appropriate settings in your router. Anything streamed on NOW TV does not. I don't see how it would matter either way that you need to change any existing settings. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you Ferguson really appreciate your reply what I mean is to use TalkTalk TV services I had to change certain settings on my Router to use them but getting so confused if I reset my router to factory settings do I need to change settings again as I took the Now TV offers so I hope you understand it better than me so sorry for not understanding but your help is all ways valuable so appreciate any more help than you in advance

nick white
Highlighted
Community Star

If you are no longer using any of the TalkTalk TV Boosts then there is no need to search out or change any settings.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi and thank you so much, Ferguson much appreciated so will TalkTalk do cinema or sports again as I have had a fantastic service through the TalkTalk TV packages I know it was done through the sky TV but never had a problem with sports or entertainment, and it is a dam shame to not see them anymore but thank you as all ways really appreciate all your help again you never let me down with your help all ways on top of your game and I cannot thank you enough 

nick white
Highlighted
Community Star

You're welcome and thank you for your kind words. 🙂

I cannot answer on behalf of TalkTalk, but it does seem that they are backing out of TV services on the shared YouView platform in favour of encouraging customers towards NOW TV. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you Ferguson much appreciated 

nick white