cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

you view box handset not responding

1 REPLY
Parker1

frequently my box does not respond to the handset staying on the program watching I have to switch the box off and reawaken it. thank you.

Moderator Note: To see your posts and your first reply, please verify your Community Membership by clicking on the verification link in the community-notification email.

frank
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Parker1

Moderator Note: To see your posts, please verify your Community Membership by clicking on the verification link in the community-notification email. If you've registered with an email address you cannot access then change the Community profile settings email to an alternate and please verify that.

This issue does still crop up from time to time due to hardware / software compatibility issues with some TV Boxes. The newer software is less likely to suffer frequent issues of non-responsiveness but if the problem is very frequent then a box replacement may offer a solution.

A faster, gentler on the hardware and easier way for you to restore remote control operation when the TV Box is not responding (except to power off or volume controls):

When the front panel lights aren't changing (which would indcate a recording in progress for the TV+ Boxes), press and hold the front panel power / standby button for around 8 seconds or so until the front panel lights change.  Release and wait for the TV Box to restart. The remote should then be fully functional.

For further help from the TalkTalk support team please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer *