cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

youview TV Plus Box cannot connect to internet. Router and Ethernet cable are perfectly fine.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

I have a youview TV Plus Box (HUAWEI Model: DN372T) that over the last 2 weeks has developed a fault, such that it now no longer connects to the internet (when the 'youview' button is pressed, error YVM102 is displayed) despite being directly connected to a working router (HUAWEI Model: HG633) using an Ethernet cable, which is in very good condition.   

-   

The router is working absolutely fine; we have broadband, WiFi (19 Mbps) and 2 other devices that are also directly connected to the router using Ethernet cables and all other devices are working fine.   

-   

This is exactly the same fault (same symptoms and degradation/failure connecting to the internet over a couple of weeks) that my previous youview box developed in December 2018; I had an engineer to look at the previous youview box (same model, which had developed the same fault over the same period) and it had to be replaced.   

-   

I have tried restarting at the front, the back, using the 'Maintenance Mode' options, restarting the router, changing the Ethernet cables (but they are all fine and working correctly with the other 2 devices).   

-   

I don't recommend using 'Factory Reset - Keep Recordings' if you have no internet connection by the way, as you then cannot set up the youview box or watch TV at all (we lost our TV completely for 2 days).   

-   

As it's exactly the same problem I experienced with the same model youview box back in December 2018 (no TV light on the router and the youview box developing a fault whereby it's unable to connect to the router and therefore the internet) all I really want to do is request a replacement youview box.   

Signature
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Did you swap the ethernet cable and test a different port on the back of the router to rule these sections out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted

Yes OCE Karl,

I have tried all 4 ports on the back of the router with each of the 3 ethernet cables.

The 2 other devices I have connected to the router both work perfectly (regardless of which cable and port I use).

I have also tried unplugging those devices, leaving just the youview box plugged in, but the youview box is simply not visible to the router and the router is not visible to the youview box, whatever I do.

I am certain the problem is with the youview TV Plus Box, which has developed exactly the same problem that my previous youview TV Plus Box did in December 2018.

Both were connected to the router with a perfectly good ethernet cable.

Both gradually started having connection problems (i.e. they started displaying the "can't connect to the internet" message) which got worse over a period of approximately 2 weeks.

Both eventually completely lost their connection to the router.

In neither case were the youview boxes or the ethernet cable moved, knocked or damaged in any way.  They just gradually stopped working.

We do not have any pets or pests that may have chewed any cables.

The youview box is not in direct sunlight and not close to any radiators or fires (at all) so not subject to high or low temperatures or rapid temperature changes.  It is kept at room temperature in a low humidity environment.

Based purely on my experience of replacing TV boxes (I'm not sure how many I've had now) my belief is there may be an underlying issue, which causes them to lose their connection to the internet after approximately 18 months - 2 years.  I do not know why this happens, but it does seem to be the case.

I appreciate you view boxes are not free, but I do pay over £60 every month and I cannot use the youview function, including any players, apps, TV shows or films.  I can however record programs when they are broadcast and play them back.

Signature
Highlighted

Hi

A replacement TV Box is on the way to you.

This should arrive within the next 48hrs.

Regards,

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Thank you very much Karl,

I very much appreciate your help in this matter.

Signature
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl

Working From Home Tips