cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

youview box not working

5 REPLIES 5
Sightseer

My youview box suddenly stopped working yesterday lunchtime . My remote couldn't switch it on. changed batteries in remote with no success. was able to manually switch on but was stuck on start up.  rebooted my router and checked connections with no success. went to maintenance mode and eventually tried factory reset multiple times but box gets stuck searching for channels. 

according to talktalk signal check my broadband and connections ok. 

Don't know what else to try as unable to get in contact with talktalk. 

Personally I think I need a new box.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Community Star

When you say it gets stuck searching for channels what actually happens? It can take a few minutes for the progress bar to complete. Is any error message shown?

Sightseer
no error message. it just says along bottom of screen searching for channels. also it says while box is searching for channels it will tell me more about talktalk.
I waited for over an hour before switching it off as the screen had.not changed .
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'll swap out the box for you and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Sightseer
ok thanks
I can't think what else it could be. when will the new box arrive?
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi 

It's usually there in 24 or 48hrs.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE