Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

BBC iPlayer keeps cutting out back to terrestrial TV main screen

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi,

Just recently we have seen an issue with our BBC iPlayer on the TT TV box as follows:

It is strange as we've never seen the problem before now (we've owned 2 TT TV Boxes for a couple at least I guess) and also - the problem affects BOTH of my DN372T Youview boxes in the same way!

This has happened I'd say about 3 or 4 times in the last few days.

We'd be perhaps 50-75% through a tv programme, then it would just drop out once without warning - back to the main terrestrial TalkTalk TV screen. When we go back into the BBC iPlayer and click 'resume' we find it has gone back by at least 5 minutes.

We use Fibre 150 connected by TP Link Powerline adapters (never seen any similar issues with Netflix etc)

I should mention I am enrolled as part of the TT Trials Program - version numbers etc as below:-

Youview Box DN372T.01.02P

Software 72.48.91 and 3.6.248 (096166)

iPlayer version - 16.32.12.0 (I have tried both standard and Beta versions)

Many thanks

Cheers

Adrian

Highlighted
Trials Manager

Thanks Adrian. I am doubtful that this is in related to you being a trialist; however, I have escalated it to be cautious and we can keep our eye on it in the community.

Kind regards, Lynne.

To feedback or report an issue send an email to talktalktrials@talktalkplc.com

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Lynne,

Many thanks for your comments...

I thought the same to be honest, and initially I posted it elsewhere on the Forum but received the following post and moved it here.

I would like to post it under TalkTalk TV issues again, but maybe I do so without mentioning any Trials, or version numbers, what would you advise?

Regards

Adrian

You should be reporting this on the trials link which you will have been sent by E-MAIL from the trials team.

This information is confidential and SHOULD NOT BE PUBLISHED ON THESE PUBLIC PAGES AS PER THE NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT WHICH YOU AGREED TO.

Please remove this from here ASAP!! click on the dots at the top of your comment and delete the post.

fre55die
Community Star
Highlighted
Trials Manager

Hi Adrian,

It is true, they do raise a valid point that as a trialist you should raise issues via the correct route to avoid breaching confidentiality.

I have emailed you a link to the survey for your respective trial again, just in case. Unfortunately, we do not have an active community site for the current trial phase you are in.

As we agreed, it is unlikely to be related to your trial, so for this case we can leave it in place.

Thanks as always, both for your feedback, and their supporting commentary.

Lynne.

To feedback or report an issue send an email to talktalktrials@talktalkplc.com