Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

BritBox Trial

ANSWERED
16 REPLIES 16
brock
Participant

I've had a message about the BritBox Trial. It states that the TV Box Software must be 60.48.89 mine is 60.48.91 (just updated). Is that alright or does it have to match the nunbers exactly? 

Thanks

fre55die
Community Star
Solution

@brock 

The update probably includes Britbox.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
brock
Participant

I've just checked and BritBox is now included.

Thanks

hosay299
Philosopher

@brock the e-mail did not show all 4 version type numbers as it does not the link to the confirm the trail.

Lynne and team have been mad aware of the issue on the main e-mail sent out.

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Lynnes
Trials Manager
My apologies, I thought that the trial message had been updated to include the latest version; it looks as though I did not save my changes properly. To confirm that BritBox is enabled from versions ending 48.89 - Consequently versions ending 48.91 or later also include BritBox.

To feedback or report an issue send an email to talktalktrials@talktalkplc.com

paulshent
Community Star

Hi

Runs perfect on both of my installed TV boxes

Only thing i noticed, is that if you do a quick fwd on a program it takes some time for the sound to catch up.  In other words. You can watch the program without sound then at some point it comes back.  Otherwise it's ok. Faster you search fdw the longer it takes for sound to restart

Hope that helps

hosay299
Philosopher

Please email or fill out the survey on the email to feedback to the team directly.

They might not always check on here at with the survey they can link it to u and do so checks

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Lynnes
Trials Manager

The audio experience is a known issue; it is not specifically related to our TalkTalk TV Box.

Thanks for your feedback... much appreciated.

laurie2
Conversation Starter

My box is stuck on 60-48-87.  What do I have to do to update it?  Or do I have to get a new box?

paulshent
Community Star
The trials team should arrange to auto update the tv box. The OCE's only work Monday to Friday, so someone from TT will pick this up on Monday. Just ensure your profile is up to date and contains your phone number and name plus all your details up to date. Best to let the update be completed by TalkTalk.
You can also from the box system menu try an auto update, and see if it downloads the required firmware. Otherwise i suggest you wait until an OCE or member of trials team get back to you.
laurie2
Conversation Starter

When I try to update I get a message:"We can't update your players and Apps.  Please try again later or visit talktalk.co.uk/tvhelp"  Does this mean the system is up-to-date or that there is a technical problem?

paulshent
Community Star

Assume your part of trial.  Just drop the trial team an e-mail.  They should sort it out during working hours next week.  The message you have informs that you have latest firmware loaded, and that the updated version is not available for upload yet.

fr8ys
Community Star

The message is misleading. This has been discussed a few times on the YouView forum. It just means that the apps are up to date and there are none to update.I

Very confusingly worded.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
laurie2
Conversation Starter

Sorry - I had not realised I needed to be part of a trial!  I thought the word "trial" in the topic referred to a Britbox 30 day free trial.  How do I become part of the trial?

fre55die
Community Star

@laurie2 

Your box is running the latest software.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Lynnes
Trials Manager

The Players & Apps update messaging is a known issue; however, be assured that the actual process running behind the automatic updates does take place very night, overnight, so your players will be up to date.

The new version of core device software, ending 48.91, will be rolled out in stages throughout and fully completed by the end of June, when BritBox will be enabled for you.

Lynnes
Trials Manager

If you want to send your landline details by email to the Trials Team In-Box here: talktalktrials@talktalkplc.com we can add you to our interested list.  We will be in contact at a later date.  Note that TV Box trials are not always active and the latest trials are about to end; however, listed trialists are contacted each time we need their help.