Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HG635 firmware version 1.14t

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisFord
Enlightened One

I noticed today that my HG635 router is now running firmware v1.14t. Is this a new trial version or is it the current operational version that has be rolled out to all "in service" routers?

Whichever it is I am surprised that there has been no notification that I am aware of!

hosay299
Insightful One

Talktalk might only send out some news on things like the new webmail a year later than planned 

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
paulshent
Community Star

Any better than the old version. ?

ChrisFord
Enlightened One

@paulshent wrote:

Any better than the old version. ?

It depends what you think of as the "old" version. The previous generally released version was 1.06t but I have been trialling later versions for some time. In my network which involves several laptops, tablets, ipads, mobile 'phones and other devices, most of which are connected using wifi, I have not had any issues for quite some time. There are still some things that I would like changed in the UI but these are personal thoughts.

Essentially, I am very happy with this as my base router both from a hardware and firmware standpoint. 

paulshent
Community Star

Hi

Now using the 5364 router. But i always keep my trusty 635 on standby. Must say it is a superb router.  Mine is still on 1.06..

Thanks for the info.

Pity TT does not  (as they used to), put a listing online that states what the current none test releases are.

ChrisFord
Enlightened One

@paulshent wrote:

Hi

Now using the 5364 router. But i always keep my trusty 635 on standby. Must say it is a superb router.  Mine is still on 1.06..

Thanks for the info.

Pity TT does not  (as they used to), put a listing online that states what the current none test releases are.

I was initially interested in the new 5364 but, on reading the technical specification, didn't see anything of additional value over the HG653. The ommision of a USB port was also an issue for me. 

paulshent
Community Star

As nice as the latest router is. (i have one),the only thing i find better is the wifi coverage. Plus i get less line resets.  Otherwise my old 635 was the tops.