Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Huawei

3 REPLIES 3
Magicman
Chatterbox

Dose anyone have any thoughts on the news about Huawei aledged  involvement spying using their firmware in some tech ?????:scream: see enclosed P.D.F.

Gondola
Community Star

@Magicman wrote: Dose anyone have any thoughts on the news about Huawei aledged  involvement spying using their firmware in some tech ?????

The 2013 report for the UK Government found no evidence it was about managing risks. World is rife with conspiracy and fake news which is why it's good to manage risks.  

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

ChrisFord
Enlightened One

@Magicman wrote:

Dose anyone have any thoughts on the news about Huawei aledged  involvement spying using their firmware in some tech ?????:scream: see enclosed P.D.F.

In this business a report dated June 2013 is so far out of date as to be of very little use. I think recent events demonstrate that hacking, whether state sponsored or not, is just part the more visible manifestation of cyber crime / espionage. Personally I try to make sure that all of my protections are uptodate and my important devices are on a seperate sub-network from my consumer devices such as Alexa, Talktalk TV box, Hive smart home hub, Raspberry Pi web server and TP-Link smart devices. 

frustratedtechuser
First Timer
I have been unable to find details of Talktalk's approach to patching security vunerabilities. I had to make a complaint to get mine updated from the initial release firmware version. Its now only on the second and I believe the device has been on the market for serveral years.