Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Multi Room TV Trial

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @paulshent

They will be contacting customers in January to let them know if they were successful or not for the Multi-room TV Trial.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
HUGHVAUGHAN
First Timer

That January info was something I failed to obtain from Chat, Customer Services and another department I was passed onto yesterday, taking up the best part of an hour. It would have been clearer had Talk Talk  given this in response to the application.

cglover2
Wizz Kid

I received the personal invite to participate in the trial and registered to participate the same day (4 December 2017). I received an acknowledgement saying "We’ll be in touch soon to let you know about the next steps in becoming a Multi-room trialist." Since then I have heard nothing and trying to find out anything via 'Chat' or by 'Phone has proved pointless spending ages verifying who I am and then telling me that they can't tell me anything!

Can anyone via the community update me as to what is happening, also I would mention in passing that if they ring me and say they are from TalkTalk, I am likely to put the 'phone down on them as I have had so many spam calls from people saying they are from TalkTalk!

ferguson
Community Star

@cglover2 See two posts previous to yours.

cglover2
Wizz Kid

I did see that but was unsure where Fre55die got the information from, as nobody I 'spoke' with in TalkTalk knew anything! Also doesn't mention how they will contact, I am concerned if they use a 'phone call for reasons already mentioned.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @cglover2

Nobody outside the TRIALS TEAM at TT will know anything as it is extremely commercially  sensitive.

Try contacting the trials team as suggested by  @Gondola.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
cglover2
Wizz Kid

Thanks to both fre55die and Gondola, without their information I would still have been frustrated.

Well done both of you.

paulshent
Community Star
Some of us are still waiting. So let's see what January or February 2018 brings
ronat
Chat Champion

Just had a message saying my application had been unsuccessful. Wondering if anyone has been informed of success, and if so, how many are being selected.

Ronat
yousef
First Timer

I just had a call from TalkTalk, I've been selected and the engineer is coming next week to install the extra box.

paulshent
Community Star
Hi. Sorry to those not accepted. Got my invite Friday and get test tv box installed next week. I was first to be telephoned. Cool.
Not sure how many will be accepted.
p.s. I was already testing the new menu systems on the Live tv box. (read : Trial)

hosay299
Insightful One

Can not see why u need a person to do the install as what happons when u get problems they have to send them out to look and fix in person

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
andigirl
Team Player

Lucky you . I spent Thursday hoping for a call figured that as hadn't had a call wasn't selected then had a call from a young lady about 6.30 pm saying I'd been selected she went thru all the talk then asked if I was still happy to go ahead me jumping in glee said yes please. At which she said oh we can't get any engineer to you until 24th so I'll leave a note for the team to say you are interested. It then bothered me seemed really weird if there wasn't an engineer appointment why bother calling me. So then checked the no on the web site some people said it was a talk talk no some said it was a scam no. So by this time thought I'd better check yes it was from talk talk but didn't hear anything further really disappointed and a bit ticked off

paulshent
Community Star

Never worry. 

Once accepted you will get a few mails to say when it will be fitted etc, etc

Not once was i asked for account details or passwords. All was sorted and genuine e-mails duly arrived.

18:30 was a bit late to book engineer. So hold tight in there.

P.s  From what i have been told the multi room will be available to all for 4 quid a month from end of March onwards.

Should be easy to fit. 1( two plug sockets required.  2) connect box to power. 3) connect Network adapter plug to socket and connect ethernet cable to tv box.  3) connect other plug to router via another 3 pin socket and ethernet cable. 4) Power up box and follow setup.

That is how i assume it will go.   Much like the normal t.v box with the hard disk inside.

Mine fitted on Friday, so will update you all on setup of system, assuming i am allowed to do so.

Have fun.

andigirl
Team Player

Thank you for your reply, yes I knew the calls were supposed to be between 9 and 5 so was a bit surprised the call was so late. Good luck with your trial will keep an eye out for any info you are allowed to give out. Cheers

paulshent
Community Star

Also look foreward to you getting the system installed.

Plus of course your comments.

I have quite a few local TT users coming round on Friday evening to have a look at how it works

Should be fun., plus an excuse for a few beers and movies.

ricky301973
First Timer

Hey Guys would love to be considered for this trial if it goes ahead. its my only bug as far as talk talk service goes mine has been flawless but was dissapointed when i first signed up to find i couldnt add multiroom as paid option as i had before when i was a sky customer. 

Ricky Parker
Marie15
Popular Poster
Yes
Kpochin
Marie15
Popular Poster
Me to
Kpochin
cglover2
Wizz Kid

I received an e-mail saying I wasn't selected so I doubt that they will be looking for anyone else!

We'll just have to wait for it to be made commercially available after the trial.  At least we know it's coming!