cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Multi Room TV Trial

paulshent
Community Star

I have one word for it at moment. (terrible).

It was fitted on Friday. Spent more time not working. It forced a reset of my router 5 times. Will not work on hg533 with firmware 1.22.1.t. 

Keeps dropping off the network and picture breaks up.

Another 2 days of this and i will disconnect it and send it back before it sends me insane.

I had a troup of folk round on Friday and Saturday who were interested in it. They have now walked away. Multi room you can stuff it.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @paulshent

What was involved in setting it up if you don't mind me asking ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
paulshent
Community Star

A few steps.  Connect 2 x supplied network plugs to mains. One connected to router other to multi room box. (To supply the broadband network)

Connect multi room box to tv via hdmi cable and to outside antenna.

Power up tv box and follow install instructions and search for channels / programs

Thats about it.

fre55die
Community Star

@paulshent

So it's just a couple of PLA's then no magic at all apart presumably from authorising 2 boxes. What second box did they send you?

Why the mystique of an engineer install I wonder? What line speeds are you getting now and before ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
paulshent
Community Star

They sent a DN360T

My broadband speed never changed

Both boxes are each connected to a 100mbs ethernet port

Line speeds.  Who knows.  The DN360 never stops up long enough

fre55die
Community Star

So a non recordable box !!!

Probably worth running a speedtest from your computer though !!

Sounds like NOW TV will get a number of new customers then, as their live entertainment offerings are limited but, the catch up and box sets are loads better than TT and you can use up to 4 devices including mobiles and tablets 2 at once. The last deal that I saw was 12months of entertainment AND cinema for about £100.

Now boxes usually come with 2-4 month passes and cost about £20.

The only problem is that I now have about 6-7 unused NOW boxes !! LOL

Marie15
Popular Poster
Had multi screen put in on Thursday 22nd Feb everything was ok when engineer left the plug connector s between upstairs and downstairs I was shown best way to link as constantly loosing single so everything got connected fine until I went to bed and it's not connected again after a few attempts ok switching everything of and resetting the final thing I could try was taking the plug down stairs plugged it in near the other plug and reconnect that way I left a bit longer befor taking out and I also pressed the wps button for a second so leaving it 5 min or so I took back upstairs and finally it had worked and up to now not had to reconnect again and all seems to be working as it should
Kpochin
paulshent
Community Star

Sounds about same issues as myself

Question.

Have you also the recordable TV box connected also

What router and firmware version you using

paulshent
Community Star

Yep.  Got recordable one that works without issue

Just this new none recordable DN360 giving issue

Same here.  Back to my Now TV box that i already have a paid subscription to.  Great little box i may say.

fre55die
Community Star

One thing Paul if you cancel the NOW subscriptions so that they don't auto renew I've found that if you say can't afford it in their reasons for cancellation and continue the cancel anyway wish they offer stunning deals.

Just cancelled the Cinema one and now got 4 months at £3.30 a month !! I've still got 3 vouchers for between 4 and 3 months to use. Plus some entertainment ones too !!

Their new APP works really well too !!

Marie15
Popular Poster
Hi yes I have the recordable box upstairs just basic box not good on models or firmware am afraid but can tell you once the plugs have connected and all lights are green you can take it back upstairs doesn't need a lead to do this only buttons on each item. When you plug it back in I do have to connect a yellow phone wire or white that connects From the back of the box to the plug and has to be plugged into a mains socket also then press the button on plug till it's flashing and it should then be connected
Kpochin
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @paulshent

I'm assuming that you have fibre. If so it may be worth asking for a new router. The 633 with the new software is pretty reliable now.

paulshent
Community Star

Yes. Noticed the prices.  My subscription does not end until middle of March

paulshent
Community Star

Working on an HG635 at moment.

I do have an HG633 with firmware 1.22.1.t.    But when i use it i get bad program breakup/pixilation on my direct ethernet connected recordable TT TV box. Same for Multi room box.

So swapped back to HG635 and program breakup stopped.  So issue is with firmware on HG533

Just hope the firmware they tested on the trial was to cure this issue. Far as i know that has not been released yet.

fre55die
Community Star

@paulshent

My cinema pass didn't end until 20 March, if you cancel you still get the remaining period.

My new deal starts on 20 March.

andigirl
Team Player

I'm now glad I didn't get picked. Although apart from the rather ridiculous phone call saying I had been selected haven't heard anything, standard lack of information.

cglover2
Wizz Kid

I do have to say that it is a trial and these issues are exactly what you hope to find out in a trial rather than after it has been made generally avaailable.  Although no one has specifically mentioned it, I would hope that as trialists you have a formal feedback mechanism to feed these issues back to TT?

Otherwise, if you were just left on your own the trial would be a bit pointless!!

paulshent
Community Star

Hi

Yes i do communicated with trial team. Assuming my dscout comms have worked. Also e-mailed the team. (loosing my android dscout phone dont help either)

Anyways. Have now sorted issues out. It's a darn resource issue.

On the multi room box menu, i set the tv to run at 720p instead of 1080p. That appears to have  cured the ipc errors and dropouts, Now been online for 18 hours without any issues.  Darn stupid the things you find, but all the part of trialing hardware.  .

paulshent
Community Star

Still working without issue at 18:05 hours.   Looks like it is now stable.   Jut got to try it later this week on the HG633 router running V2.0.

Forget V1.22.1.t it caused breakups on ip channels, but runs ok on v1.21t

More updates later in week on progress.  At last i am getting more impressed with Multi-Room TV

paulshent
Community Star

Hi All. A quick update on Multi room TV

Setting screen select from 1080p tyo 720p resolved my issues. Now been a week without any glitch what so ever.  Runs perfect on an HG635 running firmware v1.06 or v1.10t

Runs perfect on the HG633 router using the V2.0t latest firmware.

Everyone will soon get V2.0 for HG633 routers.  It cures many many issues.  Wifi is quicker, No more iptv glitches or breakups. No more millions of wifi errors recorded. 

So at this moment in time is say. Well done on the router firmware, and super work on Multi Room iptv.  So guys / gals i would queue up for the multi-room tv.