Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Multi Room TV Trial

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @paulshent

BUT at how much extra per month ? and are we supposed to purchase a second box to use it ? No doubt all will be revealed in the fullness of time !!!!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Marie15
Popular Poster
Very helpful as mine keeps going of using plug adapter s they are useless for staying connected
Kpochin
paulshent
Community Star

Ok as a trial tester i got my box for nowt.  BUT a few other iptv users have been told it is 4 quid a month extra.  No mention of a charge for the multi room box.   Now if i am correct we did not get charged for the recordable iptv box (as an item).

So i would assume if you already have tt iptv they will charge you 4 quid a month extra and send you the network plugs and box/remote control free of charge.

You should all find out at end of March when the trial is due to be completed.

paulshent
Community Star

Try this if you have issues on multi trial box.  From remote press the blue Y button, then select settings and the under Box management select picture and sound.

Change HDMI to = 720p  Stereo for sound and sync picture as 0ms

If running a HG633 then get firmware updated to V2.0

After firmware updated just factory reset your router

During this leave the iptv boxes shutdown but with power applied. Also leave the multi plugs online. Once router back online to broadband then test out the multi room again.

Any problems with multi plugs then  factory reset both of them and just re-pair them.  Instructions can be found on tt web site.

ferguson
Community Star

@paulshent wrote:

So i would assume if you already have tt iptv they will charge you 4 quid a month extra and send you the network plugs and box/remote control free of charge.

That seems a bit fanciful to be honest, I cannot imagine they will supply additional boxes for anything less than the price of a first box. 

paulshent
Community Star

Well thats what my son in law was offered it for.  4 quid

Marie15
Popular Poster
Since I'ast posted my issued with connection it has been running steadily and been able to watch everything included broadband can be slow at times which isn't what you expect when your paying for fibre

@Marie15wrote:
Very helpful as mine keeps going of using plug adapter s they are useless for staying connected
Kpochin
paulshent
Community Star

That is good.   Not sure if you are using the standard HG633.   I find my HG635 a much more responsive router., on Ethernet plus wireless cover is better / quicker.

Shame they dropped the 635 for the 633. Multi room runs much better on a HG635

paulshent
Community Star

Would be interested if any one testing multi room on a 3782 router

Otherwise system working perfect day in and day out using mt HG635 router., and connected via multi plugs.

bjukes
Team Player

@paulshentwrote:

Would be interested if any one testing multi room on a 3782 router

Otherwise system working perfect day in and day out using mt HG635 router., and connected via multi plugs.

I'm using a 3782 router, Works perfectly.

paulshent
Community Star

Got a small Network change for the Multi room box that for me has made a vast difference on connectivity issues.  In basic terms i changed the box from Auto network config to Manual

Then put in my own settings

Settings as per below

ip = 192.168.1.254

DNS = 62.24.202.5

SubnetMask = 255.255.255.0

Gateway = 192.168.1.1

The major change from auto is allocating a perm ip address at xxx.xxx.xx.254  and more so the DNS.

If i let the box ato allocate IP and DNS then things start to screw up again.

Found these settings on this forum from folk who had issues with tt iptv boxes. These settings were suggested by a TT OCE some while ago.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Paul

The DNS setting looks to be the old TalkTalk DNS server.  Are there issues using the faster new servers at 79.79.79.79 and 79.79.79.80 ? or 79.79.79.77 and 79.79.79.78 ?

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

paulshent
Community Star

The old DNS server works fine with Multi room

The newer ones give issues causing the router to reboot or loss of service to multi room.

Already passed this info on to the trials team to investigate

There must be routing differences between the old and new

paulshent
Community Star

In basic forms without breaking the trial i am posting various suggestions for folk using multi room to try if they have issues

With much hope i assume they will comment to the trials team on all issues found and if these suggestions work or make matters worse or make no difference

Gondola
Community Star

...oops! The new DNS causing problems is not good. Maybe the current network issues, primarily flagged up as impacting HomeSafe / KidsSafe site blocking are also affecting the multiroom service?

It'll be interesting to see if multiroom performs ok (on new DNS) when Networks clear the current issues.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

paulshent
Community Star

Hi all.  What i have tried with good results so far is to do following on Multi room box

Set the broadband network for manual connection only.  Change the DNS for the following 2 x entries.

79.79.79.79   and 79.79.79.80

Still using ip address 192.168.1.254

Router ip still set of course to 192.168.1.1

If you let multi room box auto set ip it will select DNS equal to router address  (192.168.1.1)

kaz66
Conversation Starter

ive had  the multi room trial done in and really enyoy yousing it in both rooms

K.Williams
paulshent
Community Star

The answer is.

A) It is not release for public availability yet. Still under test by folk like me

B) All you do is ask for the Multi - room boost and you will pay 3 months in advance. So 4 Quid times 3.  or 12 quid.  Britespark engineer will then arrange date / time to come and fit / setup for you.

That's about it.

paulshent
Community Star

This setting for me has proved to be the best

Get no issue, with downtime or reboots

Router is stable

Assuming you have a good external antenna,  you don't get and issues with BBC / ITV HD channels

Well at least i do not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any good/reliable rumour about availability yet ?