cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Multi Room TV Trial

paulshent
Community Star

I recon availability for next month.   I just can no longer fault the Multi-Room setup and service

Day in and day out it works correctly without any issues.  Even the HD channels work correctly.

At this point i am more than happy with it.

Given a few demo's of it to other TT iptv users and orders have gone in pending availability.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers.

"orders have gone in pending availability." - interesting, do you know how (or where) those pre-orders were placed ?

paulshent
Community Star

First thing Trial is still under operation. So until trial is finished it will not be released.

That is as far as i know still running until 31st March 2018.

On another note my son in law renewed his contract via the account 'chat' facility, and got it added to his account.  He was told that he would have to pay 4 pound a month with 3 months in advance.

Will question him more to see what fitting date / promise he was made.

Suggest you spend a few mins online and have an online conversation with the support guys to see what they can give you and when.

Worth the wait i assure you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried online chat this morning. They weren't interested.

All they would say is that it hasn't been announced yet and they can't take advance orders.

I guess I will just have to wait and see.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paulshent-

A query, I've asked this on the main boards as well, but you may know, or have a contact in the trials team that does know.

I think yourself and another trialist have stated that the stbs supplied are the "essential boxes" i.e. without HDDs. I've also seen an anonymous fitter (so Brightspark ?) posting on another forum saying that they only install the essentials box.

Do you know if this is generally true, or just a restriction for the trial. This would be a deal killer for me. No point in installing another box in another room if I lose my box because someone wants to watch a recording they have made. Illogical.

paulshent
Community Star

First thing. The trial has now completed and i was part of the trial team.

The first iptv box i had fitted over 18 months ago was the recordable type. This was delivered to my home address with instructions on how to fit.  No engineer was supplied for this.

I was selected for the Multi room trial, through showing interest.

A date was given when the extra none recordable box would be fitted and activated via a Brightspark engineer.  So this guy arrives and fits in the box, makes sure it connects to the router. Tunes in the box and makes sure all my channels work..   After that it was down to me to test for any problems and report them via dscout.   He did no work on the router or the recordable iptv box. So with Multi room you can both watch the same channels in different rooms. You can record in one room and watch another channel on the other box

Using the multi room box does not stop you recording or watching said recording on the recordable setup whilst using the none recordable system. Both have different ip addresses and do not interfere with each other.

You can have the extra non recordable box fitted and you do NOT lose anything you have recorded.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry you may have missed my point.

OK - I put the multi-room box in my kids room so they can watch whatever they want - no problem. But if they want to record something they have to do it on the "main" original recordable box - again no great problem because of the multiple tuners. But if they want to watch their recording they have to throw me off my box and TV.

Not good.

paulshent
Community Star

See what you mean.   And yes that is correct.

Sky multi room  used to be the same.

tmg555
First Timer

I would love to have a trial of multi room tv system .l have been making enquires about this for over 1 yr   thank you....  brian rae

paulshent
Community Star

There is no active trial.

Ther multi room trial finishes at 16:00 hours Thursday 29th MArch 2018

Sorry there is no free trial

richuk
Popular Poster

Does anyone know when multiroom is likely to be launched?

Rich
Anonymous
Not applicable

From an exchange with @OCE_Karl earlier today he stated that essential (no-recordable) and plus (recordable) Youview boxes will be available. You pays your money and you makes your choice.

Customer service, via LiveChat and the SMS service still say the trial is ongoing and they are not allowed to take orders. So their information would appear to be a bit out of date.

General announcement and availability are being stated as "soon".

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Anonymous

It's all very confusing because the help page implies that you can only have ONE recordable box so I think that we will need to wait for the full details on official release.

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/using-talktalk-tv-multi-room#6237

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fre55die

As you say confusing.

Seems we could be heading for another of TT's famous left hand not knowing what the TT right hand is doing situations, with inconsistant information being diseminated.

Just hope they get their act together before launch.

fre55die
Community Star

@Anonymous

I shouldn't hold your breath, look at the More TV > My stuff for TT at it's finest !!!

I already have additional Freeview recordable boxes in most rooms so wouldn't want a non recordable box and certainly wouldn't be happy to pay £50 to have an engineer plug one in to my already fully functioning Devolo PLA's.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fre55die

A quick question - what can you record on those additional freeview boxes.

Freeview - catchup TV - boost channels ?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Anonymous

When authorised by TT anything in my boosts plus of course Freeview channels.

I use a Humax as my primary box at present as I prefer it, so that records everything I'm subscribed to.

I also use them for my NOW TV Cinema pass (loads cheaper than TT but you can't record this content) and NETFLIX content (again not recordable) as NOW allows up to 4 devices and Netfix allow multiple devices too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fre55die

That sounds like you already have a multi-room set up with extra capabilities in that you can record on the secondary devices.

If all that is possible now why are TT introducing multi-room, it certainly sounds like it would be of zero value with configurations like yours.

I was under the impression that there were restriction on what you can currently do on a second youview box (and that is why you always had to nominate your primary unit and why multi-room is being developed).

I'm obviously missing something !

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Anonymous

No at present I can only record or view my entertainment boost content on ONE box (primary). When they release multiroom this will allow me to view this content on a second box if I decide to pay more monthly for the privilege. As I also have NOW boxes in each room (no set up charge or contract and some stunning deals for passes out there) I shall have to wait and see.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah - ok. My understanding is back on track, my previous question about what you can record wasn't very clear in hindsight. So I still have some thinking to do about where to place the one recordable unit if that is going to be a configuration restriction, or if multi-room in its current guise is the answer to my viewing challenges.

Thanks for your input.