cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Multi Room TV Trial

Terry5078
Popular Poster

Hi I had multiroom fitted 10 April, all up and running OK.

But It begged a couple of questions (to myself)

1. If talktalk had sent the box and adapters by post I could have set it up myself, but then not everybody could.

2. It has enabled me to watch the same boosts upstairs as I can downstairs, (boosts of which I am already paying for).

That made me think what extra cost is this to talktalk, to justify an extra £4 a month, wouldn't a one off payment for the equipment have been suffice. Or am I missing something? Having said all that, it does the job and I am happy with and have a 3 month free trial.

This is an observation not a criticism, I have been with TalkTalk a long time and hope to be for the forseeable future.

A very happy UFO customer.

Terry5078
Terry5078
Popular Poster
Don't know what happened there (the text) I haven't been on the flavoured water LOL
Terry5078
richuk
Popular Poster

So was it just a new box and powerline adapters that had to be fitted? Nothing else? Which box was that? Recordable one?

Rich
Terry5078
Popular Poster
Yes new box, adapters, non recordable. It's a smaller version of the you view box.
Terry5078
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Terry5078

How did you get 3 months free ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Terry5078
Popular Poster

I got a call from UFO team asking if I would like to take part in 3 month Multiroom trial. My account was credited with £12 to offset the cost, if I want to keep it, it's £4 a month there after. 

Terry5078
paulshent
Community Star

Luck you.  I trialed and you got more than me

Terry5078
Popular Poster
I think It's the luck of the draw, wish I was as lucky with the lottery LOL
Terry5078
Patrick17
Team Player

When is this (and new mobile app) going to roll out to everyone?

ronat
Chat Champion

One thing that strikes me, and I do realise that there are benefits beyond my personal use, is the fact that it is cheaper for many people to purchase a second-hand box, (around £25/£30). You can then duplicate recordings, and watch in either room.

Ronat
AFCUK67
Wizz Kid
I wouldn't mind testing TV multi room.
ferguson
Community Star

@AFCUK67 The testing has long closed, multiroom is now available in selected circumstances: 

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/using-talktalk-tv-multi-room

Patrick17
Team Player

What about the new mobile/Chromecast app?

ferguson
Community Star

@Patrick17 wrote:

An entirely separate subject, but what about it? Start a new topic if you wish to discuss.

Patrick17
Team Player

@ferguson wrote:

@Patrick17 wrote:

An entirely separate subject, but what about it? Start a new topic if you wish to discuss.

Just wondering if it would follow suit given they were mooted to launch at the same time.

Simpsop1
Team Player

i was not in the trial but now see this is available for anyone, which i thought would be good, but looking at it what it is it seems a waste of money...unless im missing something?....cost £25 for box & £25 for set up and then £4 a month......what do you get for that, well Freeview through an aerial...which you would already have...access to on demand services which are free.....ability to watch your TV boosts..... no recording function or access to recording on your main box? so basically you are paying £4 a month just for the option to watch boosts channels in another room? think i will be better off just getting a Freeview recorder box and just watching boost channels on main room at no extra cost....was hoping this multi room was going to be good but looks poor for the cost

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Simpsop1

Multi-room is about watching the paid-for subscription channels (TV Boosts) in more than one room at the same time.  You can watch one Boost channel in one room and a different Boost channel in the second room.

If that isn't what you need then, as you say, you may decide you don't need multi-room.

You can now, if you're a fibre connected customer, record two Boost channels on the main recording box.  As a family, you can time-shift the viewing of subscription Boost programmes.

HollyBy has written a helpful Blog - "There's Been a lot going on" that's worth reading.

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Terry5078
Popular Poster

I mentioned this 4 months ago,and while being selected for a 3 month free trial at the time 4 months on I find it more decorative than functional. Will I keep it, I'll wait till my contract renewel comes and decide then.    

Terry5078
Llupin
First Timer

I have just enquired about multi room as I already have one box and would like another, but I would like to be able to record on both boxes.  According to the Talktalk adviser I have just chatted to online, I can either have one box that records and one box that doesn`t or two boxes that don`t record, who one earth would bother paying for that. Forget it Talktalk, Sky here I come