Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Router Trial - D-Link 3780

Craighew
Conversation Starter
Hi,
Got the 3780 this morning and set it up on my network.

All seems ok but I cant for the life of me figure out how to add a 5GHz SSID.

I'm using INSSIDER to measure nad monitor wifi strength around my house etc and it shows the default 2.4 GHz band fine. Early indications show a more stable wifi signal in (previous) low coverage spots around my home.

Any ideas on how to add the 5GHz SSID would be appreciated???

Craig
js52
Wizz Kid
Originally Posted by js52
Received mine this morning and all set up. This one has made my Fibre through-put 4Mb/s slower, I'll have to wait and see how it goes 😐

Right after a bit of tweeking my speed is better especially on wireless. Here are some speed tests I did one wireless and one wired.
Wired:
www.speedtest.net/result/2276632102.png
Wireless:
www.speedtest.net/result/2276628309.png

😄
Kind Regards,
js52
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone wanting to change the wireless ssid and key.
This can now be done from the initial summary screen, just select wireless from the left hand side selections.

Did I miss this option on the old 2780 UI ?
EDIT - but no quick WEP option (if anyone still needs it).
Craighew
Conversation Starter
OK I've added an additional SSID (see pic) but cannot edit this network to change to 5GHz only.

Has anyone got their 3780 set up to use the 5GHz channel???????
ssid.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Originally Posted by Craighew
OK I've added an additional SSID (see pic) but cannot edit this network to change to 5GHz only.

Has anyone got their 3780 set up to use the 5GHz channel???????

Does the 3780 support 5GHz ?
Jean0511
Wizz Kid
Anyone else not received their router?
T_PC_R
Philosopher
Originally Posted by Jean0511

Me but was not accepted on the trial 😞
Honesty is the best policy why be forced to change,

How can we help those that are unwilling to help themselves
★Desk Jockey★Extended Profile★Basic Profile★Got Potential★Account Verified★Active

Participant ★Feedback Loop
Banned

Got a card from Royal Mail just today.
Jean0511
Wizz Kid
Originally Posted by redchiz
Got a card from Royal Mail just today.

I haven't even received a card or nothing, absolutely no signs of it.
bitsandpcsuk
Wise Owl
I haven't even received a card or nothing, absolutely no signs of it.

If i was you i'd leave it a few days and then contact TT labs, If you have Twiiter contact them that way as you'll get a reply within an hour normally.
HyperNova
Insightful One
I am thinging to myself how many different Models of Modem/routers per year does TalkTalk introduce to the general public ?

the 533 has been released a few months ago.

If you look at say BT you get a HH3 thats all you get & thats been on going on for 2 years :confused:
adduncan
Wizz Kid
received today and running some speedtests on the old Hauwei router before I connect the trial one up
HolidayBob
Wizz Kid
Originally Posted by Eastendgirl
Nice rig HB.:D

Don`t care for the blind much though.lol

That really is a small tin of beans.:( Would last me about two hours on a bad day.

Hi Eastendgirl.

You are not able to see the blinds as I had to close it to stop flaring on the photo.

It is not that small, 250 grams and as the coffee machine is bean to cup you would get around 16 or so cups :s

HB.
My only problem in life is being born with so much taste but not enough money!
My Weather Station: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/satcom/
Banned
Originally Posted by HolidayBob
Hi Eastendgirl.
You are not able to see the blinds as I had to close it to stop flaring on the photo.
It is not that small, 250 grams and as the coffee machine is bean to cup you would get around 16 or so cups :s
HB.

Ah. I see you`ve missed the kitchen blind thread. :drool:
Had some comments about my blind the other day and we all had a good larf about it. It all stems from some posts I made on the BT forums a while back and some eagle eyed plonker (Baz) lol never let me forget it.
Just a bit of fun.
On a more serious note 16 cups in two hours isn`t really that excessive is it?:eek:lol

The tin does look a little small in the piccy though:o
Written while I`m standing on my head juggling three bowling balls.:eek:
How does Bob Marley like his Donuts?
Wi Jam in.
Jean0511
Wizz Kid
Waited till today as people recommended and I have emailed labs and tweeted them. Hopefully they can provide with a tracking number because my son has been in all day everyday and there hasn't been one sign of it at all yet everyone else has got theirs... Weird.
Banned
Originally Posted by HyperNova
I am thinging to myself how many different Models of Modem/routers per year does TalkTalk introduce to the general public ?

the 533 has been released a few months ago.

If you look at say BT you get a HH3 thats all you get & thats been on going on for 2 years :confused:

TalkTalk's range of routers was getting very long in the tooth and they clearly needed to upgrade for fibre after the unsatisfactory performance of the HG532 as an interim measure.

They seem to be sticking with the two manufacturers they have used previously, but with a design format of their own which makes the new routers almost indistinguishable visually. Think of the Sky approach, where the only difference you can see is the small-print on the sticker.

Do BT source all their HomeHubs from the same manufacturer?
chelsea26
Team Player
hi all
recived mine today bright and early 7.30 in the morning got it up and running by 10 as had to drop misses of to work first done some speedtests and all ok at mo will run some more tomorrow to c if any diff works ok with yv box at mo will have to try on football streaming on sat to c if better than present one as freezess all the time with buffering stops as well
chelsea26
alweekes
Team Player
Received mine today, initial set up quick and simple. Very lightweight but I like the look of it

Speed tests to WAN are largely the same as I'm on fibre (75M up, 17M down), will test internal WiFi signal later.

Advanced configuration is proving painful - the WebUI is painfully slow on mine, is anyone else finding similar?

It can take 25-50 seconds for a page to render after making a change, so adding WAN firewall rules is proving slow!

Andy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Originally Posted by ALW

Advanced configuration is proving painful - the WebUI is painfully slow on mine, is anyone else finding similar?
It can take 25-50 seconds for a page to render after making a change, so adding WAN firewall rules is proving slow!
Andy.

Strange - just the opposite - I thought the UI was faster and cleaner than the old 2780 UI.

Banned
I`ve just said the same somewhere else.
It is much more responsive compared to earlier models.
How does Bob Marley like his Donuts?
Wi Jam in.