cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sagecom Fast 5364 firmware trial

pmk159
Team Player

Still early days but visually a big improvement and some of the features that were not there like reserved IP in DHCP are there now but still to test.

Biggest thing for me at the moment is that I am still unable to clear the 1500+ pages of errors in the logs which is not helping me identify more about the possible DNS error I have on TalkTalk.

Just spoken to a guy in technical support about the inability of contacting team even after using information in the email they sent, nobody in customer support has heard of the trial. He is going to get back to me with a better way.

Boo
Gromit
Community Star
My router is detecting the wireless connection of my netbook, but not my iPad.
robertkrzysik
Popular Poster

Hi,

Can you share email address you received from talk talk to get firmware trial.

Thanks,

sanjeanasilva
Chatterbox

Hi, when I try to add the email address I was given for trials it is being removed as invalid. Sorry.

ferguson
Community Star

@sanjeanasilva You should not share information like that here, or anywhere for that matter, the details you were sent are confidential to you.

robertkrzysik
Popular Poster
Do you know how I can sign up for the firmware trial to be able use the router which is currently not usable.
Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

@robertkrzysik The firmware trial is now closed. If you have any particular issues with the hub then start your own topic.

paulshent
Community Star

I am using latest trial firmware

Only thing missing is a menu to delete log files, but that due in a lalter release

Otherwise, Router throughput has improved, when streaming data

I do not have issues with Broadband dropping. Very stable speeds, and no DLM issues

Wifi is cleaner and connection speeds have increased

Up to now i have found no issues

Use mine for various tablets, Desktops and mobile phones/laptops

Also used with multi room tv.

More than happy with the firmware

robertkrzysik
Popular Poster
Ridiculous , I can't get the latest firmware.
I've spend few hours with technical (brainless) support with no luck.
Time to leave the Talk-Talk and join Virgin.
mssmith78
Popular Poster

Thank you very much for this information. Can anyone with the new firmware tell me if can you assign a static IP to each device on the network?

ferguson
Community Star

I believe that particular feature has already been slated. Any discussion of trial firmware is precluded by a NDA and participants should refrain from posting on the open forums.

paulshent
Community Star

More than aware of the disclosure ruling and don't need to be reminded.

I don't discuss levels or features in software

But i will as per my mail say if something is performing better.

Otherwise the questions revolve around how is it performing or can you do this or that. Disclosure (nda), revolves around specifics on software levels and menu options that pertain to the new software, and something i do not comment on.

ferguson
Community Star

OK, if you can find a way of describing any feature which is "performing better" than it was before without anything that might "pertain to the new software" then feel free. :)