Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sagecom Fast 5364 firmware trial

37 REPLIES 37
mssmith78
Popular Poster

An email went round last week about a firmware trial for this router. However, the response required a router serial number. Given that it was half term I didn't have that to hand whilst on holiday! Is the trial still open or is anyone out there on the trial willing to hear some feedback about the router? Thanks in advance.

Gromit
Community Star
Hi,

I replied to that email on 23/10, replies had to be in by 26/10 but have heard nothing since which I take it means I haven't been selected. Having only just started using this router I would be interested in your comments.

Gromit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also wondering the same.

Having lots of issues with this router that firmware update is said to resolve...….
Gromit
Community Star
What firmware version do you have? Mine is SG4K10001400t
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the current released version (version SG4K10001400t) but has lots of issues. I am hoping that the new beta version resolves these problems so that the router is fit for purpose.

mssmith78
Popular Poster

My firmware is SG4K10001400t. Maybe we should move this to the main fibre broadband forum? My feedback would be:

Bugs

*Ethernet - the "Friendly name" to an IP address is not remembered when the device reconnects

*Ethernet page does not update the bytes field

Feature requests (all these were availabile on the HG635)

*Assign a static IP to each MAC address

*Retain a list of all devices that connect to the router (with the ability to block if required)

*Parental control: set a start and end time for each device that limits access

*Block specific URLs

Gromit
Community Star
Hi mssmith78,

Rather than move the thread at this stage, I suggest it would be better for you to start a new thread in the main help forum based on your last post.

Gromit
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this forum or TalkTalk do anything.

My issue is being past between CEO office, product team, trials team and back again. Now they are sending me a dli K hub which I know is not going to work as it didn't last time they sent one. 

The WiFi hub firmware needs updating, I sent a reply with serial number etc but have heard nothing. When I phone they know nothing, product team know nothing, trials team do not give any updates. The usual answer I get here is start your own thread. 

Why why why can we not get an answer to a simple question from any TalkTalk employee. When can we have the firmware update to what is being sold as the best router ever...... 

hosay299
Insightful One

Hi

ur best to post in the main area as the oce do not reply to things in there area.

if u post it under the broadband or fibre which ever u have at ur house they will then look at it.

If u have a ceo open case they on this then they can not help as u would have to go via the ceo office person for help.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
sanjeanasilva
Popular Poster

I had an email on 9th Nov telling me I'd made it onto the trial.  It tells me they will be updating the firmware overnight on Nov 12th.

for anyone who wants to become a permanent trialist the email says to email them at *removed*

ferguson
Community Star

@sanjeanasilva I have removed that email address for the moment just in case it is not intended for wider circulation. @OCE_Karl can you advise please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one too 🙂

Lets see what tomorrow brings......

WarrenA
Team Player

No update occurred for me, got the email saying I had been accepted into the trial and update overnight on 12th.

Still on SG4K10001400t

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too........

Spent the last 69 minutes trying to get through to the WiFi Hub Firmware Trial team, what a waste of time that was. Spoke to 6 different people on 5 different phone calls and nobody knows. They just want to do line tests and find out what my problem with the hub is !!!!!!!!!

sanjeanasilva
Popular Poster
Same here! No update.
WarrenA
Team Player

Ah.  Mine just updated.  Coincidence?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine just updated, unfortunatly I was in an important conference call at the time 😞

The contact with the firmware team is not in place like the email suggests it is......

Gromit
Community Star
I noticed this morning that my firmware has now been updated,
sanjeanasilva
Popular Poster

I posted on here this morning about not getting the update overnight. A short while later my wi-fi hub started flashing red and I lost my internet connection. After a while, I phoned TalkTalk who didn't really seem to know anything about the trial but in the end after a long call and talking to an agent and then a manager my connection was restored. I checked the hub and found the firmware had been updated ??

mssmith78
Popular Poster
Has anyone seen any improvements / fixes/ new features in the trial firmware?