cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sagecom Fast 5364 firmware trial

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still early days but visually a big improvement and some of the features that were not there like reserved IP in DHCP are there now but still to test.

Biggest thing for me at the moment is that I am still unable to clear the 1500+ pages of errors in the logs which is not helping me identify more about the possible DNS error I have on TalkTalk.

Just spoken to a guy in technical support about the inability of contacting team even after using information in the email they sent, nobody in customer support has heard of the trial. He is going to get back to me with a better way.

Gromit
Community Star
My router is detecting the wireless connection of my netbook, but not my iPad.
robertkrzysik
Participant

Hi,

Can you share email address you received from talk talk to get firmware trial.

Thanks,

sanjeanasilva
Chatterbox

Hi, when I try to add the email address I was given for trials it is being removed as invalid. Sorry.

ferguson
Community Star

@sanjeanasilva You should not share information like that here, or anywhere for that matter, the details you were sent are confidential to you.

robertkrzysik
Participant
Do you know how I can sign up for the firmware trial to be able use the router which is currently not usable.
ferguson
Community Star

@robertkrzysik The firmware trial is now closed. If you have any particular issues with the hub then start your own topic.

paulshent
Community Star

I am using latest trial firmware

Only thing missing is a menu to delete log files, but that due in a lalter release

Otherwise, Router throughput has improved, when streaming data

I do not have issues with Broadband dropping. Very stable speeds, and no DLM issues

Wifi is cleaner and connection speeds have increased

Up to now i have found no issues

Use mine for various tablets, Desktops and mobile phones/laptops

Also used with multi room tv.

More than happy with the firmware

robertkrzysik
Participant
Ridiculous , I can't get the latest firmware.
I've spend few hours with technical (brainless) support with no luck.
Time to leave the Talk-Talk and join Virgin.
mssmith78
Popular Poster

Thank you very much for this information. Can anyone with the new firmware tell me if can you assign a static IP to each device on the network?

ferguson
Community Star

I believe that particular feature has already been slated. Any discussion of trial firmware is precluded by a NDA and participants should refrain from posting on the open forums.

paulshent
Community Star

More than aware of the disclosure ruling and don't need to be reminded.

I don't discuss levels or features in software

But i will as per my mail say if something is performing better.

Otherwise the questions revolve around how is it performing or can you do this or that. Disclosure (nda), revolves around specifics on software levels and menu options that pertain to the new software, and something i do not comment on.

ferguson
Community Star

OK, if you can find a way of describing any feature which is "performing better" than it was before without anything that might "pertain to the new software" then feel free. 🙂

Rodney
Popular Poster

I would ask to be part of this trial but seeing as I used an offshoot of a well knwon linux distro the first week I got the hub to copy the full config without even logging in then went on to find no less than 19 holes (lan and remote)

Posted on here on my old account to say and was treated like some loony 😛 and told to say exactly how on a public forum. Sent myself potty trying to explain as I am not great with writing and got harassed by a well known member on and off the forum and had to delete my account 😛

NDA means nothing when they dont even listen so. Most talk talk routers have been the same with bad bad software on top of decent hardware.The firmware is a month ahead of researchers at most and the time between updates and the updates do nothing makes it pretty pointless to even discuss the subject.

Ive asked and asked what exactly has been added  every time firmware is updated and just been told its bette. Keep in mind guys ive been with talk talk since 2009 and had most of the routers so its not just this router.

However the hubs backed by SWAN so your connecting to it then to internet so is a lot more secure than most ISP router. The only thing is most exploites now dont happen over the internet and happen over wifi as wifi is useless (WPA3 not even out yet and its already been reverse engineered)  and SWAN only runs between router and network so does not protect your LAN.

Just the way the internet is but you would think after the multiple breeeches talk talk have had they would listen and not just let a non talk talk employee go out his way to make out someone reporting bugs is talking nonsense.

As it stands 3 evil bugs with the hub not counting all the other problems it has and lacking everything. They should be CVE but talk talk threaten court orders anytime anythings posted over at :cve.mitre,

sorry to be negative guys just talk talk do nothing when it comes to cybersecurity and leave it upto the company that router comes from to develope. I even phoned up sagemcom and was screamed at by a french lady cause she did not speak englsih.

Just to add the linux distro I use is called Harry Linux (cause rodney linux just dont sound right and kali linux is already taken 😛 is 50 prefect kali 30 percent backbox and a whole lot of KDE on top. Is so so good for CTF :):)

anyways merry xmas and mind this subject with the firmware has been discussed since the  hub came out and nothing has changed and nothing will 🙂

Rodney
Popular Poster

just noticed my router has had an upgraded ui firmware however 5ghz wifi no longer works and it feels more buggy than it did before 😛 

I dont understand how a company so big can be so bad at doing this one thing right......

any explanation? also what is new with this new firmware? apart from it breaking more 😛

oh the log is better now so.........

bruce2357
First Timer

Hi, Im having the same issues with the new wifi hub, my old super router died and i was offered a new super router or a "superior" wifi hub that is not living up to its name, need static IP, devices not remembered and lack of control, i have been on the chat with them for ages and they seem unwilling to do anything about this?  have any of you guys got anything resolved in relation to this yet?

Rodney
Popular Poster

The lack of control is due to them not wanting over run by dns and other dork tactics. Its because tehy are so big and giving customers a router that can be modded and emulated to a large percentage of routers on the network easy would not be good us all.

However it does seem to be ocked to the extent that things that we change like reserved ip and familiar naming of devices just dont stick 😛 - its like automated so it resets back to original settings. If you can say bit more about problem and what exactly trying to do that cant can try help as will others here.

I was not happy with talk talk for a while and for good reason but most things that can do with other isp routers like gain info and get in just dont work with this hub and atm only 1 greyware  problem that will become something eventually but by that time will be patched and covered hopefully.

Will disclose lil info not that most will understand but will anyways.

Whats this all about

02.02.2019 23:50:32 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (wxzzjlhs)
02.02.2019 23:50:32 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (ovkmfoqcdqdu)
02.02.2019 23:50:58 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (mobile-mail.google.com)
02.02.2019 23:51:26 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (mobile-mail.google.com)
02.02.2019 23:53:38 INF WIFI 1 Device <9C:4F:CF:D1:3C:78> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV])
02.02.2019 23:53:38 INF WIFI 1 A WiFi device <9C:4F:CF:D1:3C:78> has successfully connected to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV])
02.02.2019 23:54:42 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (ewfbhtuthzgbbn)
02.02.2019 23:54:42 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (wupdelhinheynd)
02.02.2019 23:54:42 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (zpawxhh)
02.02.2019 23:54:44 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (mobile-mail.google.com)
02.02.2019 23:56:47 INF WIFI 1 Device <9C:4F:CF:D1:3C:78> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV])
02.02.2019 23:56:47 INF WIFI 1 A WiFi device <9C:4F:CF:D1:3C:78> has successfully connected to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV])
02.02.2019 23:57:21 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (cofnwgukwd)
02.02.2019 23:57:21 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (nnuxjwgw)
02.02.2019 23:57:21 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (szinhsei)
02.02.2019 23:57:24 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (mobile-mail.google.com)
02.02.2019 23:59:54 INF WIFI 1 Device <9C:4F:CF:D1:3C:78> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV])
03.02.2019 00:03:22 INF WIFI 1 A WiFi device <9C:4F:CF:D1:3C:78> has successfully connected to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV])
03.02.2019 00:03:57 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (vledxildpms)
03.02.2019 00:03:57 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (fxvuloazlwe)
03.02.2019 00:03:57 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (hdinzbqrkq)
03.02.2019 00:06:20 INF WIFI 1 Device <C8:02:10:07:34:1E> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV])
03.02.2019 00:06:29 INF WIFI 1 A WiFi device <C8:02:10:07:34:1E> has successfully connected to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_VIDEO_5G])
03.02.2019 00:06:57 INF WIFI 1 Device <C8:02:10:07:34:1E> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_VIDEO_5G])
03.02.2019 00:14:33 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (invalidhost.invalidtld)
03.02.2019 00:31:56 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (halwykcvzggdm)
03.02.2019 00:31:56 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (wevuvxgcryc)
03.02.2019 00:31:56 ERR DNS 0 DNS name resolution failure (jzvxyuh)

frpm log and constant including some personal details (not posted) Any thoughts? I know what it is but not getting into that 😛  was wanting to message or email talk talk with full log and ask for reason but its so greyware atm and leaking very little data and will only be treated as nothing until its a breech so.

Perhaps its something alien that jumps? if so they should say "some of your data goes towards research to help us improve and we use alienvault as part of our system of protection.

Its not alien vault 😛 

Sorry never meant to be negative and is np for me as dont have the hub connected direct to anything personal just youview and its amazing when set up right for the tv side and not one lil dc 🙂 37 days in sync without dc is legit stable and not one lil pixel of tv out of place.

Most dont realise the lenghts talk talk have went to recently in comparison to other ISP and not anything that could be posted and explained. Just hope they keep it up as the dns shuffle/dork will catch up eventually but sagemcom seem to know whats what (hard for me to say) they even have english speaking support now and nice people who at least listen when you say about future breeches that wont be breeches of info more disruption to network.

laters guys take care and thank god for mr robot and GDRP as without that tv show the pwnage would still be going on.

13hitchen
First Timer

Try changing the TalkTalk DNS servers to say Google’s they are a lot faster, 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4