Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow Fibre speeds

7 REPLIES 7
AFCUK67
Whizz Kid

Hi I am on 67mb faster fibre broadband and have been getting speeds around 62mb download speeds, but test today showed I was getting 29-30mb which is half what I normally get. Nothing has changed at home and I've tried everything and Talktalk said they were sending a engineer to check from box to my house. I think it may be my router.  I've also noticed some lag when playing games. I have the newest router but had it over a year or close to it and I payed for it. 

ChrisFord
Enlightened One

If you think that it is your router, although personally I doubt it, have you another router that you could try? Another possibility could be the cable between your Openreach master socket and the router. You could check that the connections at both ends are fine or, if you have one, try a different cable.

Stay safe and healthy,

Chris

AFCUK67
Whizz Kid

I've just replaced the cable from the master socket to the router with a new and unused  cable and it's now 28mb download speeds and 20mb upload. I will now try another router. 

AFCUK67
Whizz Kid

I've changed routers and still says 28.5mb downloads and even on test from Talktalk website it's saying it's 29mb. So it must be the exchange or the box. 

ChrisFord
Enlightened One

It certainly looks like that's the case and you have done all the testing that you sensibly can do.

AFCUK67
Whizz Kid
Yeh Chris done everything. Even left router off for 10 minutes and plugged back in with no change. I've change cable to a new one and tried another router, and still same.
AFCUK67
Whizz Kid

Talktalk sorted it already. My router went  off a few times and is now normal again.

ChrisFord
Enlightened One

Excellent news