Showing results forΒ 
would you rather see results forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Need help?

TV Trials

11 REPLIES 11
Childermass2112
Popular Poster

Was great to be accepted to take part, downloaded app as required then told to click link to join discussion group. Access denied! πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

clinxx
First Timer
That sounds about right for Talktalk. I've joined (eventually) in the vain hope they listen to what customers really think. We have to report set top box issues. My recent replacement box is as unreliable as the previous one so they'll be getting daily error reports from me. Don't know how the scout app gets invoked.
Childermass2112
Popular Poster

If nothing's changed in 24 hours I'm just going to uninstall the app and leave the elite private group to it lol πŸ˜‚

hosay299
Insightful One

Hi Childermass2112  

pleaes wait or e-mail the trials team direct on there e-mail address.

As this problem u have with the app could taje a week or 2 to be fixed.

As it could be they have to add u their end which might not have been done for some reason.

This fourm for the trails team is not full looked at by them so i would e-mail them direct and wait and see what they say to ur issue u have.

As i have had similer issues in past and was they have not changed things there end or one deparment had not told them what they had changed on the main system like when i went on t fibire bb they had changed my tv setting on the main system but trails team did not know they had done that so i could not get the up-dates they sent out.

they got it sorted in the end which means it just needs some time to let them work it out.

this fourm is not a 24 / 7 /365 day support.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
andyk11
First Timer

Hi

I have joined and have no idea what to do.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers

Andy

fr8ys
Community Star

I can't use the Dscout app as my phone is too old. Runs Android 4. When I queried it, there was a minimum version of 5. something that was required. might be worth checking as the app installed but would not work.

You also can't run it on a tablet as it's a phone app only. My tablet version would have been OK.

You will receive e-mails asking you to accept "missions" in Dscout and you then log issues. I respond via the e-mails that then get added to the Dscout profile.

I'm waiting on a new phone so hopefully I'll be back up and running soon.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
ferguson
Community Star

@fr8ys So in order to be involved in TalkTalkTV trials you have to have an Android phone/tablet of recent vintage? So iOS, Apple devices, PCs etc. are not included?

Gromit
Community Star

Hi fr8ys & ferguson

I installed dscout on my ipad 2 mini yesterday and works ok.

Gromit

Childermass2112
Popular Poster

Cheers all. I was having trouble on a Samsung galaxy, I cleared cache, uninstall/reinstall and its all good now 🀞

fr8ys
Community Star

TT would like you too. However you can reply to emails  with are effectively sent from your dscout account so any reply is added to your profile.

My one issue with dscout recording is you don't know if others are suffering the same issues as you.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
andyk11
First Timer

Great news.  I've been able to download the TalkTalk TV app and am looking around it now.

Will let you know how it goes.

Andyk11

hosay299
Insightful One

U get e-mails that are sent from the discount app thing and u can reply to it or they have a link in which takes u to a survey site 

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)