cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV 2.0, Get involved now!

ferguson
Community Star

The general hide channels feature seems to have gone missing in NextGen, try this instead:

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/channels/hide-unhide-adult-channels

stevieboy
Super Duper Contributor

Has anyone figured out how to skip to a precise point in a recording yet?
I cannot find this feature in the trial software when watching a recording. I logged it a couple of weeks ago but still see the issue in the latest build.

gwatuk
Enlightened One

Looks like the channel hiding issue will be resolved. In the YouView website there is this statement :

"With this version of YouView, you can’t manually hide channels from your guide. We have plans to bring this feature to you as soon as possible."

satking
Team Player

Hi

I registered from the start of the trials but not received my invite yet

Robda
Team Player
Hi your feedback was duly noted we are exploring how we either improve he feature on IP based recordings or turn it off. In terms of other feedback we are now prioritising some of the back journeys post recording playback to land in the series screen so you can easily delete things without having to go back into the MyTV area. Hide channels will also be resolved and we are exploring how we allow recordings from a series to be watched back to back without interruption, although the latter two features we don't have a date for currently. Thanks for your continued support and feedback, Rob
gwatuk
Enlightened One

@Robda wrote:
Hi your feedback was duly noted we are exploring how we either improve he feature on IP based recordings or turn it off. 

Could you explain this please?

Robda
Team Player
For recordings which are don't over the broadband line (boost channels like sky1, sky sports etc) the fast forward experience you see is different to that of the channels delivered over aerial. In the new software we have tried to improve the old skip functionality (black screen) for IP channels by adding frames from the programme to indicate where you are in the programme but this is clearly not working as we had hoped so we either need to make the improvements quickly or turn off that feature till it does work effectively. Hope that helps, Rob
Montana
Wizz Kid

@Hiltophouse wrote:

@Hiltophouse wrote:

...but really wanted to say losing the the top right TV picture box whilst in the menus is a real negative for the whole of my familiy. 

Anybody else really missing the TV picture box top right in the new TV guide.? Maybe its just my family that were kept happy by still watching their program while another scrolled through the main full screen TV guide.

You're not the only ones!

Robda
Team Player

you can use the TV Planner app whilst watching TV to see what else is on in the guide 😉

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.talktalk.youview

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/talktalk-tv-planner/id1159716634?mt=8

stevieboy
Super Duper Contributor

@Montana wrote:

@Hiltophouse wrote:

@Hiltophouse wrote:

...but really wanted to say losing the the top right TV picture box whilst in the menus is a real negative for the whole of my familiy. 

Anybody else really missing the TV picture box top right in the new TV guide.? Maybe its just my family that were kept happy by still watching their program while another scrolled through the main full screen TV guide.

You're not the only ones!

Yes, I logged this straight away.... but no reply yet .. along with lots of other backward/negative steps
the biggie for me is the not being able to input a time point from which to start watching a recording...
I fell asleep watching a recording ... I was bout 10 mins from the end.... so to watch from that point again I had to press forward skip +100 times... fast forward even at x30 takes ages.

Also, When the recording playback ends the only option is to go back to live TV (resulting in more clicks to get back to a position to be able to delete the watched recording). This is really inconvenient!

stevieboy
Super Duper Contributor

@Robda wrote:

you can use the TV Planner app whilst watching TV to see what else is on in the guide 😉

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.talktalk.youview

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/talktalk-tv-planner/id1159716634?mt=8

Is this a serious suggestion?

fre55die
Community Star
Rob
BUT as the planner app will not install on either my phone or tablet that is not an answer. Fortunately the YOUVIEW one does work.
If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
ferguson
Community Star

@fre55die Which device/OS are you using? I downloaded it to my iPhone 6 this morning, all good, connecting it to the box is so much easier as well.

stevieboy
Super Duper Contributor

Is Netflix broken in the latest update? I just tried to watch something via YouView > Players & App > Netflix

I sign in and choose a programme to watch and i get a blank screen but here the sound.
Anyone else seeing this?

dixiedean
Team Player

I have no trouble with Netflix all is working ok

stevieboy
Super Duper Contributor

@stevieboy wrote:

Is Netflix broken in the latest update? I just tried to watch something via YouView > Players & App > Netflix

I sign in and choose a programme to watch and i get a blank screen but here the sound.
Anyone else seeing this?

Ignore that... a hard 'reset' of the box and TV fixed it. Maybe a bad hdmi handshake etc

stevieboy
Super Duper Contributor

My TV Guide on the TV is blank for the last 7 days 😞

I just see No Information Available

Is there a way to refresh it? I didn't think there was.

I've checked and i do have internet and the box is connected to Broadband

HollyBy
TalkTalk Products Team
Hi Stevieboy,

If you're part of the Next Gen trial, could you possibly report this via Dscout (if using) or the Trials email address that has been provided in previous communications? This will allow us to keep track of issues and get them to the right place to be looked at.

Thanks, Holly
stevieboy
Super Duper Contributor
Yes I will if it's a real issue... I'm just wondering if anyone else here is seeing it now.
stevieboy
Super Duper Contributor
Again, another hard reset of the box fixed it.
I will try to repro it and if I can i'll log it with steps