Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV 2.0, Get involved now!

fre55die
Community Star

Hi all

If you look at this this "trial" goes back to 2016 and is the release of the NEXTGEN software which you are all running already. There will be slight variations on the software that you are all running depending on your region and box type. THIS IS NOT A NEW TRIAL!!!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
bitsandpcsuk
Wise Owl
I have that long number you refer to and have replied on Dscout app and also done surveys etc etc but not heard anything for ages, last email i got was how involved i would still like to be.
paulshent
Community Star
All info goes via the trials team and dscout or via e-mail invite. Since as i was reminded, that this thread is open to none trialists.
Kath11
First Timer

HI I am taking part in tv trial and applied to take part in router firmware trial , 2 days later I can not connect to the internet via my iPad although older versions connect . I have reset my iPad and done everything to solve this matter but to no avail . I have had to use my old TalkTalk router I am on faster fiber broadband deal ,          Thanks Kath11

hosay299
Insightful One

Hi Kath11

please can u either do the following.

2 different ways to get the problem sorted depends on how quick u want to get the issue sorted.

option one - is to if u can call teach support up with ur old router with the issue connected so they can do some line check and things like that.

Best to CALL FROM  a mobile if u can As line checks need a clear line as the broadband uses the same line.

As u are faster than on here and on here is not a quick fix. like phoning from a mobile is to teach team at talktalk.

option 2 - is u post this info about the issue u have in the correct topic area which can be broadband or if u have fibre then u chose that one.

Post a New topic on one of these. depending on which broadband u have 

ur see a blue bution at top saying Start a topic

They can be found here for BROADBAND   or FIBRE - Once u post in the correct area u just need to wait for a OCE or a Comunity Star to post as they have a lot of usefull info on talktalk issues and they can help while u wait for a oce some times.

As they can help on here but it can take more than a few days as they work on office hours only and do post by frist come first serve thing.

If u can also make sure ur profile on here is filled in do not post and personal info on here as it is open to any of one.

If u want them talktalk team who are oce to help u will need to have the router model and info in ur post

Could be they have done a chnage or the router might have just gone faulty.

How long have u had the router and which one is it???

Are u able to connect to the internet via cable and is ur tv box able to connect to the internet??

As i might be able to help u sort it out. if u would like that.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Kath11

Which trial are you on? 

If it is just the V2.0 Huawei 633 software it is long finished and implemented as is the TV 2.0 onece again a long finished trial better known as NEXTGEN which you have been using on your TV box for about a year or so.

It sounds as if you are on something else in which case you will have been sent an access link to the secure page by E-mail. Which router are you using ? Is it the SAGEMCOM FAST WI-FI HUB or another one?

If it is another router please post the problem on the Fibre broadband pages as this page is not monitored properly by the OCE's

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Lynnes
Trials Manager

Thanks @fre55die - I can confirm that this is a very old trials post on the main TalkTalk Community; and is no longer up-to-date.

TV Box and TV App trials are continuous and comment via a private TV Forum for confidential discusions about software releases.

If you are interested and not already involved then let me know by reply.

To feedback or report an issue send an email to talktalktrials@talktalkplc.com

fre55die
Community Star

Hi again @Kath11

You said that you had applied for router software trial. Have you been accepted for it? Again if you have you will have received an E-mail with the link. If you haven't received a confirmation E-mail that you are on the trial then you aren't on the trial so posting on the open forum is the best place to get a reply and hopefully a solution. You are better off staying on this site as they know what they are talking about. Live chat  or the phone operators only work from a script and the majority probably have less knowledge than yourself.

Have you recently updated the software on your iPad ??

Lynnes
Trials Manager

I have been messaging you via dscout.  Apologies for any delays.  Lynne.

Lynnes
Trials Manager

Hi Kath,

If your issues continue then please can you contact Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 to report them, if you havent already.

Lynne

fre55die
Community Star

Hi Lynne long time no hear !! How are you?

You know that I'm always up for a challenge but never get invited on to any these days. I struggled and completed a thing on Dscout ages ago asking if I wanted still to be a trialist for products with a resounding YES but, have only had a survey throug that C+ap American app saying new mission which consisted of a "what problem are you having after completing the sign in page !!!

You are TV only aren't you?

If you know James the product manager for the Wi-Fi extender kit could you please tell him that I safely received the new kit and am writing a findings report for him about the integration and connectivity to existing systems results. If you do happen to bump in to him could you ask if he could dig in to his not sent out any more pile and see if he has a TP- link AV 500 or 600 lying around anywhere to help me try to solve connection to those problems from @fr8ys!!

I hope to hear from you soon with a nice product to play with !! LOL XX :smileyface:

fre55die
Community Star

I don't think that I've had them. You do still send an E-mail copy don't you ? because both Myself, @fr8ys and a couple of others were commenting the other day about how quiet you guys had been !! The trouble with Dscout is that they keep updating it and knocking off previous versions of ANDROID so now I can only get it on my normal phone which makes doing anything complicated involving graphics like your last "mission"  impossible as even with a special screen pen the columns were too close together to use. It was O.K. on my tablet (not now supported) and when from an E-mail on my 28" screen.

All the best

Tony

fre55die
Community Star

Lynne

What TV APP?

Could you please send me details and link. Either a PM, E-mail or post would be great !!

Tony