cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV 2.0, Get involved now!

TechiDude
Team Player

Just signed up to the trial. I think it's great to be given the opportunity to take part, can't wait to be involved!

calcotti
Wizz Kid

Thanks Joe - that's a really helpful response

ChrisFord
Enlightened One

I registered yesterday and look forward (hopefully) to being accepted. Having been involved in many TT TV trials since it was first lauched, I can only say that they have always been a worthwhile and, largely, troublefree experience. What is true is that the more trialling that is done before a general release of the firmware the less the load on the support teams later.

Andrew18
Participant

Why waste my time with email urging me to sign up for this trail when I don't have TV and therefore am not eligible?

stuartk59
First Timer

If I participate in the trial and have my box updated will I loose any recordings I have saved?

hosay299
Insightful One

@stuartk59 wrote:

If I participate in the trial and have my box updated will I loose any recordings I have saved?

No u will not just the sofware or feautres will change in a trail test

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
hosay299
Insightful One

@Andrew18 wrote:

Why waste my time with email urging me to sign up for this trail when I don't have TV and therefore am not eligible?

The fourm team do not have a system which means they can send out the e-mail to only tv members

as if they sent out a e-mail to people that have talktalk mobile it would be the same i am sure.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Andrew18
Participant

Sending out blanket emails is not good practice and at the least the email should be clear about who is eligible for the trial.

paulshent
Community Star

Hi

Ready to do my bit.

Registered for the trial

Centaur
Conversation Starter

Registered yesterday for the trial, hope I can participate. My current TV box is often sluggish and sometimes turns itself off for no reason so I hope V2.0 is more responsive.

Gromit
Community Star
Are there any conditions to be met during this trial, regarding connection time?
Andy Miller
Popular Poster

Hi Stephen,

I have not received a TURC code, can you confirm this please so I can continue the registration.

Andy

Andy Miller
Popular Poster

I have not as yet received a TURC code and therefore not able to respond to your latest email re landline number, can you help?

Also as you no longer support IE9 and there is no other IE update for Vista it is making life a little difficult, I have to save your hyperlinks as opera web pages then open them in Opera

Andy

Peregrine
Wise Owl

Mine was in small writing at the bottom of the email (under the improving our products together banner)

ChrisFord
Enlightened One

@Andy Miller wrote:

I have not as yet received a TURC code and therefore not able to respond to your latest email re landline number, can you help?

Also as you no longer support IE9 and there is no other IE update for Vista it is making life a little difficult, I have to save your hyperlinks as opera web pages then open them in Opera

Andy

Hi Andy,

I don't believe that the trialist number is important as it is said to be optional. I certainly do not have one although I have been a triallist for TT for many years. I did have a problem this morning when a survey I received would not accept a blank in this field but I just typed "no TURC" and that was accepted.

As far as your browser problem is concerned why not make OPERA your default browser? I have done this in the past with Firefox to avoid this kind of issue.

Kind regards,

Chris

ChrisFord
Enlightened One

@Peregrine wrote:

Mine was in small writing at the bottom of the email (under the improving our products together banner)

Hi Peregrine,

Well spotted - I don't remember that being mentioned in either of the e-mails that I received - but there it is all the same! Thanks for letting us know.

Chris

Andy Miller
Popular Poster

Thanks for the heads up, got it now

@

Digicom
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks survey completed :smileytongue:

★Desk Jockey★Extended Profile★Account Verified★Feedback Loop★Basic Profile★
★Got Potential★Active Participant★Completionist★Small Game Hunter★
Andy Miller
Popular Poster

Hi thanks, Opera is my default browser, however not only have Microsoft stopped supporting Vista, IE9 but they have also stopped supporting live mail, and as I have a hotmail email address I can only get those emails through outlook.com which they say is more safer than livemail but looks as though it was designed in the mid 90's!

Wolfie_Smith
Wizz Kid

It took me a second look at the email before I found my code, it's in smaller print undrneath the purple Improving our products together box

Power to the people!!!!!!!!!!!