cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV 2.0, Get involved now!

stagger321
Chat Champion

@dixiedean I am not after some divine right here.

Talktalk have fired a post to us all, including btw people who didn't even have the right hardware to do the trial anyway,

For the rest of us who actually wanted to help here - for free btw, all they had to do was to set expectaions in the original post at the top of this thread and in the email post.

e.g. "We will choose 100 testers from those who register, sorry if it can't be you all" or maybe "Its first come first serve and if you get am email in the next 24hrs you will be sent the software, otherwise please wait for the official release"

I have worked in IT for approx 30yrs, part of this understaking software testing (functionality and regression) and OTA software distribution. 

Accurate communication to your customer base is key, 
Their's is not a good example of this

I am pleased you feel honoured.

Cheers

Stagger
Andy Miller
Popular Poster

Ok so I have left the box on standby for the last 2 nights and no update, have also gone into settings/devicemanagement/software updates and stil no joy!!

Robda
Team Player
Did you email the trials team to inform them about the problem you are experiencing?

talktalktrials@talktalkplc.com
Robda
Team Player

Hi Stagger321,

Sorry and agree with your points below. We'll make sure we improve this going forwards.

To clarify for you and anyone else wondering why they have not got the software yet, it is because we have selected our first round of customers and we'll be adding more as we go through our different gates internally. We should have an email going out today to clarify this.

For those on the trial who cannot see the update please email our trials team informing them of the problem talktalktrials@talktalkplc.com and we'll ensure your line has been switched etc.

Finally for those on the trial thanks for your feedback and please do continue to use the official trials channels (talktalktrials@talktalkplc.com & the Dscout app)

Thanks

Rob

stagger321
Chat Champion
Thanks Rob 🙂
Cheers

Stagger
Andy Miller
Popular Poster
have now Robda
gwatuk
Enlightened One

Will the trial software be rolled out to the smaller "zapper" boxes?

David951
Wise Owl

Have received new update. Looking good but there seems to be a problem with my free channels, 301 to 305. I try to set them up but it is asking for my PIN number and stating there will be a £5 a month charge. Last month I signed up for 18 month fixed price contract. Have we lost the free channels or am I doing something wrong. David.

Hiltophouse
Wizz Kid

@Hiltophouse wrote:

...but really wanted to say losing the the top right TV picture box whilst in the menus is a real negative for the whole of my familiy. 

Anybody else really missing the TV picture box top right in the new TV guide.? Maybe its just my family that were kept happy by still watching their program while another scrolled through the main full screen TV guide.

FedUpStu
Popular Poster

Must agree with above comment otherwise all good so far.

paulshent
Community Star
(TURC) is TTTVcip5985994844
I agree with comment about missing TV picture during search of program guide. If possible would like to see it in latest version
moxy51
Conversation Starter

Hi All

I also agree the missing picture is a backward step,Also the kids miss the discover tab Which gives you cartoons on a selection of players.

ferguson
Community Star

You are all feeding this back via the appropriate channels I hope, rather than just posting on here in clear breach of the NDA.  :smileyfrustrated:

moxy51
Conversation Starter

Hi Ferguson

Please could you supply me with the web address of the appropriate channel.many thanks

Kind regards

ferguson
Community Star

I am not a triallist so I do not have access to the relevant information. However, from what the trials team have mentioned here several times, you should be using Dscout, or the dedicated email address provided. I am surprised if that information has not been notified to each triallist individually.

natashas
Popular Poster

Hi, did you recieve and invitation to the Dscout app?

We are using it to gather feedback from the participants.

I need your email or trial ID (TTTcipxxxxxx) in order to check why you have not recieved an invitation.

thank you

TalkTalk TV trials team

Andy3
Conversation Starter

Yes Ferguson you are 100% correct. Feedback has been invited from triallists by Dscout (proving problematic for some), email and at some point by Survey(s). FWIW at no point was the use of Dscout mentioned as a pre-requisite for perticipation. Reading upthread there are just 100 triallists. My own thoughts are that exchanging feedback here allows triallists to comment upon the experiences of other triallists and enrich the quality of the comments. This is exactly what has happened in respect of the loss of the picture in the top RH of the guide. Provided triallists also submit their feedback at some point via one of the above channels where's the harm? If the Team running the trial want to kill the dialogue here then clearly they at liberty to speak for themselves.

ferguson
Community Star

@Andy3 What does the NDA say? I doubt if it allows discussion in public, which is exactly what is happening here. And chatting here does not constitute feedback, how are the team supposed to capture that in a structured way?

Andy3
Conversation Starter

Excellent point Ferguson but again just your own view, what do the trial managers have to say? Also now the ball is in play it would be a simple matter to freeze this thread.

natashas
Popular Poster

We have created several tools for trial participants:

Dscout app - it allows to send feedback from the mobile device and makes it easy to capture images or videos to explain the issues that participants experience.

Direct email response to TalkTalk TV trials team.

Web based survey.

Participants are free to choose one of the method above that works best for them.

This allows us collect information in a structured way, direct issues to the relevant teams and act on them.