cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk TV 2.0, Get involved now!

dixiedean
Team Player

hi getting fed up being told to use web survey or Dscout when i have neither and had no e-mail to obtain them 

natashas
Popular Poster

@dixiedean

Invitation is on its way!

dixiedean
Team Player

yeah and crap says mission closed lol 

dixiedean
Team Player

finally got on Dscout ty

@dixiedean wrote:

yeah and crap says mission closed lol 

ChrisFord
Enlightened One

Very Strange. Although I registered for this trial; to date I have had no invitation to join it or information about how to feed back my observations but....................................... last evening, when I turned on my box I found that the trial firmware had been installed.

Chris

natashas
Popular Poster

My Private messaging now works.

So if anyone still has issues with providing feedback, please send me your Trials number (TTTcipxxxxxxxx) and i will send you invitation. Use private messaging.

Thank you

LondonGuy2015
Conversation Starter

I just got activated for Fastest Fibre package yesterday and my YouView Plus box arrived today - All I can say is I hope I get accepted for this new trial cos in it's present form I doubt I'll use the YouView box very much at all.

I really like the remote control that came with it but that is the only thing about the unit I like. I find the deault interface a chore to use and kinda slow to react to the push of a button. It appears as if the TV guide is loaded page by page and it appears to wait for you to move to a new page and then start loading. I'd have thought in this day and age the TV Guide would be preloaded and cached at least 24 hours in advance for every channel and react much faster.

Personally what I don't like about the current YouView interface is it's is designed totally backwards to how most humans are taught to read. Most of us are taught to read a book starting in the top left hand corner, going right and then down a line. Whereas the default YouView interface starts at the bottom and goes upwards .. totally nonintuitive.

I hope the new design is faster and more intuitive.

postmanpete
Participant

I'm registered for the trial and have been receiving emails, but I'm not registered with Dscout & my box hasn't changed one bit!

Edit: I found the dscout invite and installed the app, but my youview box is exactly the same as the day I got it!

fre55die
Community Star

It would help if the trials Email address or A SEPARATE FORUM WAS STARTED.

Using D scout is a complete pain as I have a 7 inch tablet or I can use my 28 inch monitor and a proper keyboard. 

Surprise surprise,  my preferred input method is my computer as every survey requires being near my TV and computer for the software version. Your method involves finding my tablet, kicking the kids off it, turning on my tablet, connecting to WIFI with my notorious 633 router, then finding my glasses and typing on a tiny keyboard ???

No contest I'm afraid or is this a new trick to get us to upgrade to WIN 10 where no doubt there is a Dscout  app. Where do you get these things from ?? It's mostly American surveys and takes up a chunk of somewhat limited storage on both phones and tablets.

I have reported at least one problem via Dscout with no response yet !!!

There are a number of issues !! Could somebody please advise me where to report them !!!!!!!!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
fre55die
Community Star
Have you accepted the "mission" ?
If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
ChrisFord
Enlightened One

I can't help but feel that there is a bit of a misunderstanding about taking part in TT trials. Having been a trialist on many occasions involving routers and other networking products, mobile 'phones and TV  I accept that I take part to help, in this case TT, to develop their product. I therefore expect to use the tools that are most convenient to them, not too me. I also don't expect to get a response to issues that I have raised unless TT want to explore the particular point further. My job is simply to operate as some sort of human robot doing what I am asked and reporting back.

The primary purpose of any trial is to be involved in the final stages of development of a product or service and this can sometimes be inconvenient although personnaly I find it rewarding. It should not be seen as just a way of getting the latest product / service ahead of everyone else.

natashas
Popular Poster

What @ChrisFord said is exactly correct.

Trials is a way to iron out issues. It is not a replacement for Customer Support and we cannot address and answer every single issue.

The issues we can help resolve is if you signed up for trials but your software is not updating correctly which prevents you from providing feedback.

Regading the tools.

Dscout is one of the options. Web link has been provided as well to submit feedback using web survey. If you cannot find the web link, please send me a private message and I will help out.

Thank you for all your feedback, we listen to the issues you report and your help has been invaluable!

hareand
Wizz Kid

Hi - I'm signed up but still no trial access - is the trial happening? News stories suggest it's rolling out anyway from next week http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/11/bt-talktalk-tv-benefit-youview-iptv-box-update.html

Gromit
Community Star

Does the new software mean losing the original BBC Teletext function, with only Red Button + available?

hosay299
Insightful One

I think the reb bution service has changed as we can not get the normal one on our talktalk y/v box but can on normal tv sets.

As the change for us on that happoned before the new tiral started it was one before this one.

if u google it or look on the youview main website or look on the talktalk help for tv

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Robda
Team Player

The BBC closed that service on the YouView/ TalkTalk TV platform a few months back as a replacement for the new red button service. So you are right it has gone but nothing to do with new software. Thanks, Rob

Gromit
Community Star
Thanks, I realised that and have been avoiding updates for that reason, was just hoping the new version may have brought it back.
stevieboy
Super Duper Contributor

I logged several issues in the first version of the trial software and as far as i can see none has been addressed. These are regressions/changes in behaviour from the GA version btw.
I'm beginning to get a bit disheartened

HollyBy
TalkTalk Products Team
Hi Stevieboy,

Apologies that you haven't received any updates on the issues you raised. We are collating all feedback and working to resolve the issues raised by trialists as quickly as possible. Thanks for all the feedback you have sent so far, please continue to let us know of any issues you experience.

Thanks, Holly
Jemma1
Popular Poster

Hi I am using the newest setting of Talktalk youview I am having problems trying to loose the adult channels I have gone to the settings and adjusted it to hide channels but on the guide of channels it still comes up as adult section how do I get rid of this thanks