NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epson XP-245 not connecting to D-link 3782

murpchild
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me before I stamp on this stupid printer. I have an Epson XP-245 printer that works fine when I plug it into my laptop but it won't connect wirelessly so it's no good because I bought it to print from my tablet. I've followed all the set up instructions but it can't find my printer. Am I doing something wrong or is my router the wrong sort for this?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

Without me having to download a manual for it, how are you trying to connect it to the router, is it via WPS or manually connecting to the router? If manual, is the printer detecting your router's Wi-Fi network. Has this printer been connected to another router before?

When setting a WiFi printer up it is always worth doing it in the same room as the router & then moving it to the desired location once the connection has been established.

It might be worth defaulting the Wi-Fi configuration of the printer before trying again.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes